Matrox gone from WindowsUpdate driver list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox gone from WindowsUpdate driver list

Couple days ago, Matrox was a valid selection. Now Matrox is <a href="http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/">gone from the list</a>.
    Same thing happened at Dell six weeks ago. You can <a href="http://www.dell.com/us/en/biz/products/model_precn_precn_330.htm">no longer select</a> Matrox for your workstations.

Anyone know what's going on?

<blockquote><small>edit 24-Nov: Matrox back on WindowsUpdate with several drivers "posted" "October 25, 2001."
    edit 26-Nov: Now they're gone again.
    <pre>

</pre>
    As for Dell, <a href="mailto:BSD_On-Line_Order_Support@dell.com">emailed</a> them asking for Matrox over a month ago. No reply yet.
    Amazing that Michael Dell won't sell us the same G450 he uses in his <a href="http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/corporate/michael_006_comp.htm">home machine</a>.</small></blockquote>
    Last edited by orangejulius; 26 November 2001, 15:00.

I don't know about Dell but regarding MS, they had put up the wrong drivers which resulted in many problems due to the fact that they posted HP specific drivers. Each time someone did the MS update thing, it trashed their system. They're supposed to be putting up the proper driver.

Haig

Comment

Good to hear. Thanks Haig.

BTW, do you know if OGL G200 drivers
      for WinXP will ever be released?
      (On WindowsUpdate or your site.)

OGL sure doesn't work out of the box..

Comment

AFAIK, we're working on G200 XP drivers that will have OGL in it but can't say when though.

Haig

Comment

G400 drivers for XP and AGPX4?

Hi Haig,

I know this is off topic, but I hope you will forgive me and answer my question anyway.

I own a "late" G400 DH 32 Mb that I think should be AGPX4 capable. On a fresh installation of Windows XP Pro, I can't get it to do more than X2.

It make no difference if I use the Windows default driver or the latest Matrox driver pack, neither will run past X2. Installing the Latest 4in1 drivers and the AMD AGP miniport drivers doesn't help either. I don't have my Serial number for my G400 right now, but if you will verify for me that it is X4 capable I get it later today. (I'm at work now)

Can you help with this?

I'm running on an Abit KG7-RAID motherboard with an Athlon XP1700+ (no overclocking).

I used the Matrox Tweak Util and Sisoft Sandra (latest version) to verify the AGP speed.

Regards,

Jake
          Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
          ----------------------
          Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Jake there is a nice search button at the top of the page that you can use to find out all you will ever need about g400's and agp4x!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru, i think Jake's issue is only related to WINDOWS XP because i have exactly the same problem:

My G400MAX capable of 4x AGP transfer rate (4A in the product number) can't work at 4x after i installed WINDOWS XP for the first time. Indeed i can't select 4x option with MTSTU40109 because the option square is grayed out!
              For more details refer to:

Last edited by Venturer; 21 November 2001, 05:58.
              ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

The current Matrox tweak utility does not support Windows XP. We will be releasing one soon that will support XP so stay tuned,

IS THE CARD AGP 2X OR 4X http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php...ighlight=agp4x

ETC. ETC.
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru, MTSTU40109 avaiable in Matrox's web site supports OFFICIALLY Windows XP!
                  ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Indeed i can't select 4x option with MTSTU40109 because the option square is grayed out!
                    Yup, that's what I'm seeing too.

Thx Venturer,

/Jake

P.S.

Thank you too Guru for reminding me of the search function. I know this topic (or similar topics) is discussed a lot on the forums. I have even seen people advocate that a AGPx1 speed is better... have not investigated this yet, though.

And you are right, searching should allways be the first choice when troubleshooting.
                    ----------------------
                    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Just did a clean install...

With Windows XP default driver or Matrox driver ver. 5.72 I get this in the Tweak Util.
                      Attached Files
                      ----------------------

Comment

But just after installing the Matrox driver I get this when running the Tweak util the first time.

I selected AGPX4
                        Attached Files
                        ----------------------

Comment

I get exactly your first screen with Matrox drivers 5.72 installed!

Jake, what drivers have you installed for enabling AGP 4x option?

Comment

The last screenshot shows the Matrox Tweak Util when run right after install of the 5.72 Matrox driver. I shows this the first time only, it puts something in the registry. So I don't think you can get this screen again by reinstalling the drivers. You have to reinstall windows or find the reg key and delete it.

MY G400 Still switches to AGPX2 (first picture) after the reboot, though. So even though I can select AGPX4, it sets it to AGPX2.

Sorry about the reverse order of the previous posts. The last pic should have been first in a timeline sense.

/Jake
                            Last edited by Jake; 21 November 2001, 13:13.
                            ----------------------

Comment

Very good explanation, Jake! I will search the string that can change AGP transfer mode.
                              But have you checked your G400 product number? Please do it and tell us if your card is capable of AGP 4x.

Thx again!

Comment

Working...
                              X