Bug into NU 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug into NU 2002

If you install Windows XP (Own Drive) onto an exsisting win2k system Nortons 2002 speed disk won't run reporting unknown disk format. Well done Norton another bug you should have picked up. At least Windoctor does check the right registry unlike Nortons 2001.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Re: Bug into NU 2002

Originally posted by The PIT
    At least Windoctor does check the right registry unlike Nortons 2001.
    ???????????????????????????????????????

I have both 98SE and W2K on my box and Windoctor does not get confuse with the different registry databases.

It do get the "Shortcuts" (as in *.lnk files) wrong but that has nothing to do with the registry....
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Which version 2001?
      This does check the wrong registry as Norton have confirmed to me and I've verified it on several machines. Perhaps they fixed at the later date although they said they weren't planning to fix it.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm finding this a bit confusing .........

Which is it, NU 2001 or 2002 ?
        Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
        incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

I've noticed that problem as well TP!
          Also noticed when using speed disk the moving file % never gets to beyond 90% at the end of the optimisation!

Comment

Well lets sum it up.

NU 2002 bug

When XP is installed onto a seperate drive and the system becomes a dual boot system speed disk fails to run. This is even you choose the option to leave the file system intact.

NU2001 Bug Confirmed by Symantec.

If you check the registry using nortons windoctor the registry on drive C will be checked regardless as long as your 2nd OS is on another drive. I don't know what happens if your OS are on the same drive.

I've also noticed running speeddisk from Xp on the drive with win2k can cause corruption problems.
            Last edited by The PIT; 20 November 2001, 06:40.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X