• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Computers female or Male

You decide.

Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it
    so true!

Comment

Haven't you ever seen Star Trek?
      Of course they are female.
      chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

A little off-topic--

How many of you name your 'puter?

My video workstation is an AMD 1200 w/384 MB RAM and 77 gigs HDD. It's name is Eleanor. The machine I threw together from spare parts for my kid is a P166 w/64 MB RAM. It's name is Jasmine. I have two other machines I use for experimenting and gaming, named Josette and Adrienne.

I'll tell you, this makes it a LOT easier to keep straight which machine I'm communicating with on my network!

Kevin

Comment

really depends on if Winblowz has crashed again and I call it a B**tch

Dan
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Well, if you start thinking of them as human somehow, it might become difficult to rip out their innards and get a new motherboard. Is the motherboard or the case then "Eleanor"?

Comment

Thats it I'm a manic Doctor and luv ripping the inards out of people sorry computers.
              Theres a women at work who reckons she can multitask. However shes got the multitasking capabilties of Dos 3.3.

Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I named my computers Beast - and Mini Beast... the one in my sig is Mini-Beast

I would say though that I think of my computers as He's because whenever a woman is on there it stops responding...

Its almost like the computer has learned how to tune women out.

LOL

AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

well, my computers have names but only because it eases access through smb.. IPs are a bit difficult to remember.

my workstation is called aurora and the linux box is mephistopheles.

as for gender... 'it'. Just like a lightbulb.... or something else

Comment

Come on there girls ofcourse... what else do men drool over.

mine's called Lizzette she is a piece of shit. haha

My friend Timmy's PC is named "Bad @ss Mother F*cker* though.. his could be male..
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Well when one of mine had a Abit Kt7133a in it it was called a bucket of shit, bast!"£, c*&$ so taking the last bit it must be female.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I used to look upon mine as female but now I see them as inanimate objects. However........................

This is Just to let you all know how sad some people can really get. When I was single a few years back it was a bit of a laughing matter betweeen me and some of my friends that I wanted a bra (larger the better) strapped to the outside of my computer case. I did mention it to a couple of my female friends but none seemed too interested in volunteering their wares. I wonder why?

Now that I have a girlfriend I still spend far too much time upstairs on my pc but I dont have the same cravings.

regards Sad case MD
                        Interests include:
                        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Perhaps we could compare bras????

My computername is 'Sirius', but Andrea referes to it as my other woman/bitch/that f'ing machine.
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Amiga was of course female.
                            And those windows things - while being sexless in the first place - sometimes act so unpredictable that they HAVE to be female, too.
                            Last edited by Indiana; 16 November 2001, 18:32.
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

Most of the times it's a "Kutding"... so it's an IT

When I like it, it's still an IT

Jord.
                              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                              X