Looking for an original IBM keyboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an original IBM keyboard?

Someone a while back was trying to find a supplier for original IBM keyboards, well I've located someone, here's the link :-

http://www.keyboardco.com/
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

That was me actually, thanks for the link!
    In the meantime I found a decent IBM-esque keyboard at Maplins for a tenner.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I came accross them whilst trying to find a UK supplier who sell's black keyboards, they have one but it's £ 39.00

If someone knows where I can get a black keyboard at a reasonable price please let me know.
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I painted mine for under a fiver.

Looks pretty nice too I might add
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

You mean the heavy, big gray indestructible kind with the annoying klik and and the thick curled wire? At my work they get thrown away by the dozens..

...Great keyboard for gaming though, you can bang on it as much as you like without it taking any damage..Also great for hitting stress balls and other objects across the room

Grtz,
          Ed

Comment

Originally posted by EdSki
            You mean the heavy, big gray indestructible kind with the annoying klik and and the thick curled wire? At my work they get thrown away by the dozens..
            Hey! This "click" is not annoying but wonderful

And if you happen to have one that you want to throw away, please feel free to send it to me...
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Man I love my old NEC 101 key keyboard. If anyone has any of them lying around send me a few too. These things take one hell of a beating. I can't tell how many times I've dropped mine and spilled food in it, but it still works perfectly. Oh yeah and it also comes with a nifty groove for pencils and pens.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally stated by EdSki:
                NOOoooo! That's blasphemy!

I've got two PS/2 model 30 keyboards, I'm typing on one right now *click click* these things are just great! The "good old" hardware... They really appear indestructible, these suckers are 12 years old and show no signs of failure whatsoever... And no Windows keys either I really don't know what to do when these babies give up, maybe I'd better hunt down some more of these (then again, they probably dump the PS/2 and USB ports before my keyboards fail )...

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
                  I've got two PS/2 model 30 keyboards.... these suckers are 12 years old and show no signs of failure whatsoever...
                  My ones even older than that, it came from an IBM XT-286 which makes it >14 years old and still going strong.

Comment

Here's a question to all of you guys that use these then: should I attempt to clean mine out since it is pretty dirty or should there be no problem with some minor food spillage and not risk fooking anything up when I open the keyboard?
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

There is probably no need to open it up. its unlikey that dirt will get into one of these babies. Thats why they last so long.
                      -BTW- The keys are 'caps' you can take off, makes it easy to clean

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                        My ones even older than that, it came from an IBM XT-286 which makes it >14 years old and still going strong.
                        Yep Besides those two keyboards from 8086 PS/2's I've also got an original IBM PC/XT keyboard, but it's got that pesky layout where the function keys are on the left edge of the keyboard... It's got some kind of DIN connector (it can't have a PS/2 connector ofcoz) and it's even heavier than the PS/2 keyboards.

Comment

Luckily the XT-286 keyboard is a standard AT layout and the cable is socketed at the keyboard end so can be replaced with one using a PS/2 connector.

Comment

Working...
                          X