matrox mystique tv-out !?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox mystique tv-out !?!?!

for the longest time, i've been trying to get tv-out working on my win2k system. since it hasn't been working, i've tried different televisions, different cords/wires, and nothing has worked.

then it occurred to me... years ago, i had an old 2mb ATI card with Composite-out, and it worked fine. i remember that i had to enter the display properties and enable the tv-out through an Advanced tab or something.

is this what's keeping this from working?? i've got the newest drivers... should there be an option to enable tv-out!?

please help!

Should there be an option to enable tv-out!?
    Yep!

Matrox Display Properties/TV Out/(enable)Output to TV

Comment

In Win 2k?? Are you sure.

I thought that you had to have Power desk installed to get this ti work..
      paulw

Comment

Ummm......

Well, this is the way it is under Win98se. Of course it also now dawns on me that there are different generations of Matrox Mystique cards. I'm referring to the Mystique card that uses a Rainbow Runner card to output to TV. Perhaps vbrokop is referring to the G200 version.

You'd think that Matrox could've named their newer cards differently rather than continually recycling the Mystique and Millennium names.

Comment

well, i bought the card second hand... so i'm not 100% certain exactly what it is!

but Windows tells me it's a Matrox Mystique 220; the manual that comes with it says "Rainbow Runner" on it... the physical card looks almost like two seperate cards that were sandwiched together, if that makes sense.

anyway, there is no TV-Out section to the desktop display properties.

what is this Power Desk that paulw spoke of?? i notice there is a Matrox something-or-other in the Windows Taskbar that lets me change quite a few display properties, but again, no tv-out.

this is driving me insane!! help!

Comment

it's called QuickDesk!

(sorry, but this is on a different computer, so i had to boot that up to find out)

Comment

A little progress...

Ok, you've got the same card(s) as I have. Do you have the drivers installed for the Rainbow Runner card? That might give you the TV Out option under Matrox Display Properties if you don't have it now. Keep in mind though that I have no idea of the setup (ie. drivers, options) under Win2K.

You also need to be aware that you do NOT use the latest Mystique drivers if you plan on using the Rainbow Runner "daughter" card. It's all explained very well at the Matrox site in the Drivers section.
              Last edited by Patrick; 14 November 2001, 18:30.

Comment

i downloaded the rainbow runner drivers, and the exe refused to install because it recognized the card as an "unknown matrox device"

but the mystique drivers installed fine. what the heck do i do now!?!?!!? what's this PowerDesk thing that i've heard about?

also, if you could post a url to read this Mystique vs Rainbow Runner documentation, that would be fantastic.

i'm so frustrated, i'm about ready to give up here and just toss this card out.

Comment

vbrokop,
                  if you check on this address http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.cfm
                  you will notice that the Mystique 220 has working drivers for Win2k but no drivers for the Rainbow Runner Studio that is attached to your card.
                  The TV-Out option becomes visible on the powerdesk window (aka Matrox Display Properties) only after the succesfull installation of the RRS drivers. If you still want to use Win2k and TV-out with this card i'm afraid you are out of luck, however with Win98 there is no problem (you can still make a dual boot system).
                  mits,
                  System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
                  model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

y'know, that was one of the first things i thought of... that win2k might be the problem.

just one more question... so i was right about two cards being sandwiched together. . . ? after i've installed win98, should i then install the Rainbow Runner Studio drivers?

thanks so much, folks, for helping me out with this.

Comment

Yes, it is a sandwich of sorts...

Here's where you want to go:

You'll notice it says this:

"You must use the 4.31 display drivers (below) with the 2.10 Rainbow Runner Studio Drivers."

The correct drivers for both the Mystique 220 card and the Rainbow Runner Studio card are on this same page. With the installation of Win98 and the loading of both of these drivers you should now be in business!

Comment

Working...
                      X