Got the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the time?

I was given a nice Accurist watch for my 18th but four years later the glass is scratched, the buckle is bent and the strap finally broke! It's knackered.

I'm annoyed because the back was engraved from my parents.
    I was hoping to transfer the back onto a new watch, but they dont make that particular size base anymore...

In other words, I am on the lookout for a new watch.
    I suppose this fits under General HW???

I am planning to take much better care of this one. But to be fair, I did wear it continuously for four years...

Anyone recommend some nice watches???

Cheers!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Why not take it to a watchmaker and have a new strap attached to it? He'll probably be able to help you with the glass as well.

My Casio World Time broke it's strap 2 years ago, and I just had the strap replaced. A lot cheaper than buying a new watch

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Got the time?
      Do you have the energy?
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Casio World Time? That's what I have on my right hand now. Great watch (mind you it currently has it's third strap and the glass is a bit scratched, too, but I'm quite happy with it, considering I take it off only when I sleep, and it has been through lots of action... sports, swimming, diving... but it's still looking good and working well).
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I'm not going to bin it! I will get it repaired.

(to be honest my g/f hates it!) Its really chunky. I cauld see the look of pure pleasure when the links finally broke!

I will get another one, and then repair it later. - before I go back to my parents.

I was after more of an everyday watch. This is kinda dressy, if you know what I mean...
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Go for a (always stylish) Swatch.

Comment

To bad that on those Swatch watches you can't actually see what's the exact time...
              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

You can now get atomic powered watches for ~£20.

I mean synchronised to the atomic clock time signal (not sure if it was Rugby or the one in Germany), rather than something that will make your wrist glow!

I know how much accurate time keeping means to most students (How long till this lecture ends? Is the bar open yet? Is the curry house still open?)

T.
                FT.

Comment

I need some way of timing a minute. I keep getting shouted at for writing down a patient’s pulse after holding their hand for 5-10 secs.

Comment

Hey Paddy, I found you one you might like!

chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Do you need one which shows the time in digital format or one with hands?
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                      X