Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster booting on WinXP!

Taken from 3dspotlight!

An utility for faster booting on Windows XP (apparently developed from MS itself) has been leaked on the net. I gave it a try and although I didn't see a huge improvement when loading windows (something close to a 2-3 second improvement - have heard of better results though), I DID notice a difference when restarting or shutting down the system in the other hand.

The utility is called BootVis, any comments on it?
    In case you haven't tried it already I've uploaded it on our server here.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

dead link
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
      dead link
      Working over here! Do you want me to upload it somwere else?
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Dead here too
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Shaved a couple of seconds from my start up time, but my shutdown takes longer...

Comment

Working...
            X