Train Sim on G550 looks bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Sim on G550 looks bad

I have a Dual Athlon 1.4GHz machine with a G550. I do not play many games but do like MS Train Simulator. I cannot get this game to run very well, no snow and loud pops in the sound. I have the latest G550 and all other hardware drivers. I installed a NIVIDA TNT 64 on my brothers machine and Train Sim looks beautiful on it. Any suggestions?

Thank you

G

Basically the solution is not to play Train Simulator on G550. I don't have this big problem on my G550 but it's still far from perfect.

Comment

thats not very good advice, but it does seem like the only one.
      all i can say is, hope that either Matrox fixes it somehow, or a patch for the game is released sometime soon.

write an e-mail to MS or Matrox and see what they have to say about it.
      no harm, no foul.

Comment

Matrox has known about this for a couple weeks now... it's an issue a silent (private) BB reported.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

TS ran ok on my G400Max, but was unstable. It is not the fault of the Matrox card! New drivers from Matrox are unlikely to change this situation.

Check your memory very carefully. If you have any low quality modules or weird mixing of modules, that could be the problem. Try moving modules around. No ocling of Matrox card or system for TS. Check your mem optimization, every detail, & virtual/page file setup. 3D Spotlight has some excellent mem tweak & gaming guides.

TS is problematic on all kinds of setups. We can only hope for a real fix from MS.

Comment

Working...
          X