recent Media player prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent Media player prob

I just updated to Directx 8.1 and I think that my problems comes from it but I'm not totally sure. When I play movies I hear cracking sounds and sometimes the framerate just go crasy. Sometimes I check the framerate and it's ~44-45fps which is 1.5 times the normal video speed. To get the video speed back to normal I have to close and reopen the movie. Since I cannot uninstall Dx 8.1 update I have to find a way to solve it.... got any idea where I should start?

I've also noticed that some web page (like microsoft.com) don't display correctly since yesterday....

Spazm
    Last edited by spazm_1999; 11 November 2001, 23:29.
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

I had this problem once upon a time. It was my SOUND CARD DRIVER, if you can believe it.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Well maybe the sound card driver does have a certain effet in my case but I did'nt had that problem 2 days ago. I have'nt updated these drivers... I'm still using those that came with w2k 'cuz they work well. It seem's that my cracking sounds comes from the playback speed and not from the drivers 'cuz when I play a mpeg file at the normal rate I hear 2-3/mins and when it goes to 45fps I can hear 5-6/sec. I'm beggining to belive that some dlls in the Dx 8.1 I installed got corrupted.

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Working...
      X