Limit in w2k to download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit in w2k to download?

As my subject says, I cant seem to be able to download more than two files at the same time in IE6 under win2k. While i can download without limit the no. of files under win98; the download rate goes down of course but sometimes(or often) i just want to download 3 or 4 large files and go off somewhere rather than wait there downloading them 2 at a time.

Have you guys noticed this before or know any solution to this

Thanks,
    Ragu.
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

?
    Nope never noticed it...maybe the third one takes a lot of time to respond. Have you tried a download manager or FTP?

Grtz,
    Ed

Edit
    Hey this was my one hundrest post! Yipieeee
    /edit

Comment

I've noticed that too... I can only dw 2 files from the same server if I download from many server I can dw more. When I'm stuck like this I use either Getright or Ftp. I don't think there's a way around the file dw limit in IE.... but I haven't checked.

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

yeah i had that problem when i was trying to download several parts of a rar file from a warez site. it only let me download 2 at a time. get around it with closing the browser window and reopening it. it let's you download another 2 files.
        --
        TJ

Comment

There are registry keys to fix this. It's b/c the HTTP 1.1 spec only allows 2 connections from an IP.

I set mine to 20 and it works fine

Comment

Yes, there are reg. keys - hey BokChoy, wanna POST them?

Netscape used to have an explicit setting for this in preferences, don't know if they've hidden it now though.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Blatent rip from www.speedguide.net

According to the HTTP specs, only limited number of simultaneous connections are allowed, while loading pages. To increase that number, you can add the following entries to the Registry (they are not present by default):

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Internet Settings\
              "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000020
              "MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000020

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\
              "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000020
              "MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000020

Note: Keep in mind that although those values work fine in most cases, they exceed the HTTP specs and therefore might cause problems with some websites. If you experience problems, just remove the entries. While these entries might improve web page loading considerably, they tend to strain webservers more and have no effect on throughput.

AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
              AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
              Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
              Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Thanks guys..
                I knew i could depend on you guys rather than M$ suport base,
                I dont seem have any problems with netscape but then i am still using 4.7x series, will be moving to 6.x, Netscape 6.2 seems faster than IE6 at my friend's place.

Thanks again,
                Bel
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                X