Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG2, G400, suggestion

Hi,
    As the G400 is using a special chips for encoding in MJPEG (Zoran, I think), I'd like to know if there is a software which drive the chips for doing this conversion or if everything is inside the bios of this card.
    My idea is the following :
    as it's a very time consuming operation to transform MJPEG in MPEG2 (using LSX, TMPEGg, Panasonic or another software converter), why not using the hardware capabilities of the chips on this card to do this operation. For this, somebody (quite good in programing) should write a driver.
    is my idea crazy or is it possible ?

PS : I have a Cinemaster DVD decoding card which seems to use the same chips for the MPEG2 reading, when I'm using it to watch a DVD.

Ulead VideoStudio 5's capture module can capture either MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 using the YUY2 format as a source, but you'll need >1 ghz to do full frame MPEG-2 well. MSPro 6.5's capture program can also do this.

The problem in either case is that realtime MPEG capture is never really up to the quality you cang get doing offline encoding with TMPGEnc and YUY2 source files.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks Doc for the answer.

My computer is an old (2 years only) 600 MHz and it's working fine, so it's the reason why I'm so interested by the hardware encoding.

But, Doc, you did not answer the question concerning the transformation of the chips, from an MJPEG encoder to an MPEG2 encoder. Is it possible ?
      thanks

Comment

I don't think so

Comment

Working...
        X