Macrovision problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macrovision problem

I have been having this problem since I bought a G200 (bought a G400 in hopes that the problem would fix itelf with the new version). I have some tapes which I might start encoding (which have no macrovision on them), and halfway into my encoding session it will stop and give me the Macrovision encoding error. Is there anyway to stop this? I love the marvell, but I am thinking about buying a different card that doesn't check macrovision because of this annoying problem.

It doesn't do this to all tapes I might try to encode. Sometimes if I try to encode the same tape again that I have had the problem with it will go through with no error.

So the 2 things about this that get me are. One it gives me macrovision errors on encoding when the tape has no macrovision, and Two If I try again sometimes it will work.

Go http://www.desktopvideoworld.com/ and then to the download section. There you will find Macrovision free video tools. This should solve your problem.

Comment

99% of all false macrovision triggering with the G200 Marvel was fixed with a VT release. I can't remember which one now (there have been several), but I remember the fun we had over here waiting for them !

Since then the majority of macrovision problems have been from people trying to copy their old Disney tapes.

Check your driver versions and visit the Matrox site to find out what enhancements have been made (not easy, I'll grant, since they don't usually tell anyone what is in a driver release)

Comment

Since I upgraded to the G400 I shouldn't be having those problems that G200 had anymore correct? I think I will try idea of the first person.

Rishard

Comment

Working...
        X