TV image size with G450...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV image size with G450...

I'm running a Matrox G-450 with a 19" monitor as my main display and a 28" TV as secondary, using Dualhead Clone and DVDMax.
    The problem is, the image seems to run off the sides of the screen, no matter what I try. It's a PAL TV, and I'm connecting using a SCART input adaptor. Can someone please tell me is there some option I'm missing in the Matrox control panel that lets you resize the image of your secondary display?

you can't adjust the image size/positioning on the G450 and G550 in clone mode. You can with a G400 with the 5.52 drivers for win2k (dunno about win9x/ME).

in DVD-MAX mode you can't adjust overscan compensation at all (logically), since video is _meant_ to be displayed on a tv which has overscan (8% is the official standard I think).

If you try to watch DivX ;-) / VCD / SVCD movies which have been encoded and subtitles by fools who don't care about overscan specifications, then you need to use a directshow filter like DivXG400 to add overscan compensation borders around the image (found here: http://www.tac.ee/~prr/videoutils ).

For SVCD there's not much choice other than to change the aspect ratio of the video window and make it a bit wider so that black borders will be added to top and bottom of the picture. Though of course the aspect ratio of the video on the tv will change, and this isn't much appreciated (depending on how much you need to change it to make the subtitles fit on the screen).

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
      you can't adjust the image size/positioning on the G450 and G550 in clone mode. You can with a G400 with the 5.52 drivers for win2k (dunno about win9x/ME).
      Hmm...how you do that with g400? I mean in clone mode,how to get rid of black borders?
      I have massive problems with dvdmax-output even with divxg400. Very jerky with 23.976fps ntsc frame rate.

Comment

It's understandable, that 23.976fps clips are jerky while outputted in PAL...
        Try to use FPS conversion of DivXG400.
        Make sure You use English version of Windows/DirectX and DivX 3.?? codec (if watching DivX clips).

Comment

supacool:

with the 5.52 drivers:
          enable clone mode with the tv hooked up, and go to the powerdesk Monitor Settings tab. Then select "2" as display number from the dropdown list. Press the "Adjust the current display mode" button, and you can now adjust the settings.

Comment

It worked for me. Thanks for advise.
            Picture quality In clone mode is not as good as in dvdmax mode,but no more jerkiness and I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
            X