Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to turn off stupid IExplorer5 Warnings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to turn off stupid IExplorer5 Warnings?

I disabled my active X controls in IE5 because I was tired of having big slow Flash Advertisements load on pages I look at...it worked fine after I disabled them in the security...but now a pop up Warning from IE5 comes up and tells me that it is possible that page will not load properly. This would be fine if it appeared only once; but it shows up EVERY time I go to a page, even the same page - can I turn this warning message off somewhere...I would even consider tinkering with the regedit somewhere if that would help.

thoughts?

You can't.

One workaround: uninstall flash and use another browser.
    If you need to view a flash movie, use the standalone player.

Finally, send a polite note to the webmaster to stop using flash.

Comment

You forgot a reason...

Flash is evil. It crashes better than half the time. I don't think I've _EVER_ made it through one of those 10-minute-long flash animations without it crapping out on me.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Turn off debugging in Advanced in internet options in controll panel.

And then It shuld not whine about errors.
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

tried disabling script debugging but no effect...how do uninstall flash...is it in the add.remove software section...I bet it isn't that easy...prol'y installed with explorer.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X