problems with Opera ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with Opera ?

Have there been changes to the website/forums ? Whenever I go to the forums using Opera 5.12 (Windows 2000 SP2), it loads the page up to 67%, and reloads (and gets stuck in this loop)...
    My version has not changed...

Does anyone else have this problem ?
    (using stop I can get the full pages, but without images, and following some links then solve the problem...)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I also have some difficulties and vbulletin with opera 5.12. E.g. I can't post replies and so on but just use mozilla 0.9.5 or IE they both work fine for me.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Yep, same problems here w/ Opera 5.12 ...
      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

It is a cookie problem, no idea why it recently started happenning. All I know is that

a. we have the "views" related problem that I'm working with the vB guys to fix and may be related to that

b. I upgraded the vB software to version 2.2

Can you try and flush your cookies or whatever it is you do to clean 'em out

Comment

Nice to know that I'm not crazy.

Comment

Nope, just flushed the cookies and its still the same ...

Comment

I've got a similar problem with the embedded version of Mozilla. Logging out will go okay, but logging back in gives me lots of problems.

I've given up using the Embed-Moz surfing here. Although it might be because there's some answer-windows problems in the embed-version as well. I already have a Bugzilla-thread running on that

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

I just flushed the cookies, but alas, no result...
                In my first post, I forgot to mention that my Opera identifies itself as Opera, but when I set it to identify as MSIE5, the problem remains.

Keifront: Sometimes posting works....

Victorian: Sorry about starting a new thread, I hadn't noticed you had started a thread on this topic...

Ant: Thanks for looking into this !

Jörg

PS: So few Opera-users....
                pixar

Comment

The vBulletin guys are heading on over to take a look at the database to try and sort out the problems. Now that's suport for you, only which Burst would take note and fix my POP3 problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstraete J
                    I just flushed the cookies, but alas, no result...
                    In my first post, I forgot to mention that my Opera identifies itself as Opera, but when I set it to identify as MSIE5, the problem remains.

Keifront: Sometimes posting works....

Victorian: Sorry about starting a new thread, I hadn't noticed you had started a thread on this topic...

Ant: Thanks for looking into this !

Jörg

PS: So few Opera-users....
                    Testing. If it sometimes works.

PS: At work I use mostly IE and Opera at home Mozilla and Opera.
                    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Seems okay here with Opera perhaps it's fixed.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I still seem to have the same problems...
                        (tried flushing the cookies, but the page still loads partially and then continues to reload...)

Jörg
                        pixar

Comment

I'll talk to the vB guys about it, can anyone narrow it down to exactly when it started?

Comment

Can't help Ant seems to be be fixed for me. I can post again with Opera. (if this post get posted it still works )

Comment

Well today it works like a charm. Last night it didnt. And i cant be sure, but i think it started even before you upgraded vBulletin. What i am sure about is that it was very noticable once you upgraded.

Comment

Working...
                              X