Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greebe's lame watercooled case mods pics

Ok guys here it is...

two el cheapo 80mm case fans draw air up from underneath passing by the radiator which is 10.5" x 5" x 3/4" (~26.7cm x 12.7cm x 1.9cm) and mounted to the top of the flared stablizer.

Very neet and tidy with a minimum intrusion into the case... cause I like this case and not the new ones... so this will be the case for whatever else I upgrade too

I'm not going for extreme cooling per se... it's quiet I'm looking for... what little sound it produces by the fans is dampened by the carpet below.

I won't access the underside to show the radiator... sorry, it's only for private screenings

Cheers
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

That's ok, Greebe. I don't think anybody here would want to see your underside.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Temps Greebe?
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Stable... like I said I'm not going for extreme cooling, tho I am in a sense... I have an additional 10c of headroom over the Zalman HS setup with the 120mm fan (OMG was that loud)

Living in south Florida may be nice (my windows are open and I'm partly neked as always, but in the summer it's killer hot in this room... system was getting boardline stable with indoor temps of 80f (26.7c) and above.

Remember when extreme OCing it's the top peak temp that'll bring you down everytime.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Looks COOL Mike

But explain Mike... I see a small grey box with a lot of hoses going in and out, is that your waterbox, or does the wooden box underneath hold more?

Which can't be, for you've got two fans in there... errrm, attached to your shower then, in a way?

Last edited by Jorden; 6 November 2001, 15:45.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

OJ I don't think so... and to explain would make me sound like I'm bragging... something Greebe doesn't like doing even when he does.

Comment

BTW guys... total cost was ~$110... I made the waterjacket and the water resevour/pump to hold $$'s down.

note: $110 was on the high side, some purchased items not used... cooling stuff (only) cost $75
              Last edited by Greebe; 27 February 2002, 11:42.

Comment

looks good!

I know people using smaller "pipes" to water their garden!

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

They're 5/8" OD (~1.59cm) 1/2" ID (1.27cm)... didn't want any waterflow restriction do to elbows on the smaller stuff being very much smaller... water flow is 96 gal/Hr (363 liters/Hr)

Comment

Lookin good Mikey!

Finally got rid of the monster hs you built or is that in something else now?

-Dimitri
                    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
                    X