better than matrox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better than matrox!

...the final result is a GeForce3 Ti product boasting image quality exceeding those of famous Matrox products....
    find out here

breezer
    Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

If that is the case...aaoootchh!!!

But what about colours???

Comment

I have a VisionTek with the Ti500 that should be arriving this week so I'll let you know.

For $300 it had better have good quality!!!!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Strange, other than in 3dmark, that gf3 is only slightly faster than the gf2u it was tested against
        System 1:
        AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
        Epox 8K7A
        2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
        an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
        SBLIVE 5.1
        Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
        IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
        Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
        3Com Hardware Modem
        Teac 20/10/40 burner
        Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Look what the nVidiots have done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they trying to heat up the memory??????
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Bad news for Matrox.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I didn't notice where they mentioned what monitor they were displaying on...

amish
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I can´t believe that!

Comment

I'm thinking "Goodbye Matrox, hello Leadtek"...
                  We were rather hesitant to do a review on a single GeForce3 Ti 500 board but Leadtek gives us razor sharp images that put even Matrox cards to shame.

Comment

What I don't understand is how they can come to that broad conclusion from a single board...

That's like saying that pinto hatchbacks are safe because yours didn't blow up or catch fire..

Or that very early 80's Japanese cars are solid because yours didn't rust out.

Or that saying that PCChips boards are the greatest because you haven't had any difficulty with it.

Last edited by cbman; 6 November 2001, 13:06.
                    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

The author says that this improved image quality is due to the improved filters that Leadtek is installing on (all?) their cards. Perhaps this may be the best of the bunch, but the variance will be very minimal between the cards. (Unless defective, of course)

The other question is if he had two exact computer setups right next to each other, with only the video card as the variable. This way he'd be able to compare them side-by-side rather than looking at one and then swapping cards.

Comment

Only slight flaw with that argument is that monitors themselfs vary from one to the other.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Then use a monitor that has dual-inputs. ie Sony G520.

Comment

Or set up two identical PCs side by side (ALL the same hardware, except for the video card), and take turns connecting them to the SAME monitor.

BTW, if I didn't already own a VisionTek GF3 (first release, lol, not the Ti stuff), I'd probably be all over that LeadTek right now. I hate that lump of a heatsink though.

Hope VisionTek catches on (for that matter, all the manufacturers) and makes similar changes. My card is pretty good right now, but I can still see the difference between it and my G400Max at higher resolutions on the desktop. NOT color stuff (Digital Vibrance does a good job of setting off the colors, even only at the Low setting), just mainly crispness. Again, not that the VT is bad (it's not, actually, and I wouldn't have noticed it at all had I not had the G400Max in my box in the past).
                            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                            Gainward Ti4600
                            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Did FiringSquad ever mention the full specs of the system they used for testing?

Another review of the same card:

[quote]Another important area that Leadtek has listened to the customer and improved upon the reference design is in 2D image quality. NVIDIA's has been under scrutiny when it came to 2D with their older GeForce2 lineup, and we even had a forum thread about 2D problems GeForce2 Ultra owners were experiencing with their cards. While I haven't been at the helm of a Matrox powered system for well over two-years I can't compare the sharper 2D images, especially at high resolutions, that Matrox is famous for. But I can admit that the 2D quality of my eVGA GeForce3 is somewhat clearer than that of my GeForce2 Ultra at higher resolutions. The Leadtek TDH has a slightly sharper image at 1600x1200.

<strong>OCZ's Titan3 also features improved 2D quality through modified RFI filters, whereas Leadtek's approach was to provide the core with roughly the same voltage level as it has at lower resolutions (where 2D quality is better).</strong> Here's hoping Leadtek's GeForce3 Ti series of cards will also support this feature! <a href="http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/leadtek_gf3tdh/1.shtml">- NVNews</a>[quote]

<a href="http://www.nvnews.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000156">28 page thread on nvidia-card interference problems</a>

Anyone seen a review mentioning color balance?

Comment

Working...
                              X