And you thaught Matrox had problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you thaught Matrox had problems!

If you were thinking of an ATI card, and were hoping for the same level of support from Haig, Ant & co.....

from www.radionic.com

Rather than just spring the news, I figured I should let you in on some of the behind the scenes conversations we have been having over here. The basic summary of what we're discussing is that Radeonic will soon cease to be, not because we're giving up on the computer hardware scene which is a passion we all share, but because we can't continue pretending to offer a service to the ATi user when ATi themselves don't seem to give a damn! Before I get too full on, let me state clearly that ATi-UK have been awesome, offering everything they could, but it seems the parent company doesn't offer them a lot of support either (my words not theirs). We have been promised a place on their mailing list for 8 months, it never happened! Our emails to them go unanswered, our requests for new hardware under NDA, or indeed under any other circumstances, are refused due to a "lack of resources". On a daily basis I try to defend ATi to readers who have had endless technical support emails ignored or who have been stalled and given the run-around. It makes ATi look bad, it makes us look bad and it does nothing to repair their reputation as a company who cares only about their OEMs. Sometimes, even with the best will in the world you have to admit you're beaten, and until ATi get their asses in gear and learn to appreciate the value of sites like Rage3D and the other few active fansites, then you have no need to wonder why there are so few of them on the 'Net right now. The Radeonic team will continue, but it will be under a new name, a new look and a new focus. As soon as we have the details we'll post them right here but for now it's business as usual under the radeonic banner. End of rant!
    Regards
    RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

makes me glad matrox users have a place like this to come for help
    DFI NFIIUltra 400
    756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
    Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
    Windows XP pro
    msn messenger id: gchisel
    Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Not to brag but we kicked everyone's butt in this survey:

Informative, incisive and unbiased coverage examining Canadian technology case studies, tech news, it stories and more.

Haig

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
        Not to brag but we kicked everyone's butt in this survey:

Informative, incisive and unbiased coverage examining Canadian technology case studies, tech news, it stories and more.

Haig
        What do you mean "Not to brag"?

It's my opinion, and obviously many other's, that you and Matrox both should be bragging about your tech support crew.

Rags

Comment

Of course Matrox has the Best Tech Support....They have "us" to help out

What was that??? Your system did what when you swapped the cards in the PCI slots????

DOH!!!!!!!!

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
            Of course Matrox has the Best Tech Support....They have "us" to help out

What was that??? Your system did what when you swapped the cards in the PCI slots????

DOH!!!!!!!!

Paul
            Good point. How many people out there have cigarette lighters in their PC?

Rags

Comment

Check this out!

Even clueless nVidia users agree Matrox's support is the best:

Rags

Comment

Go this off that web page posted before

ATI Matrox Nvidia
                Product Innovation 7.7 8.9 8.3

I wonder how they got that one figured out???

Scott
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working Dual Head in Win2K
                  First Mainstream Affordable Dual Display Adapter
                  High Quality Output
                  Even the Smell is Innovative
                  And Man.. Have you ever been to a Matrox Beer Bash.. talk about an excercise in Excessive innovation.

AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                  AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                  Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                  Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Even the Smell is Innovative
                    Cue a commercial with a cute girl, kicking Hugo Boss off the screen, slapping her new Matrox card on the table and in a husky voice she miaows "Even the Smell is Innovative"

Try selling that Haig
                    Innovation by Matrox... I would order a gallon !!

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Originally posted by Jorden

Innovation by Matrox... I would order a gallon !!

Jord.
                      Yeah, I'd like Innovation from Matrox too, but it's on severe backorder. "Brut Force" from nVidia is selling in volume, and they keep improving the formula.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

To carry on the 'aftershave analogy'!

"Brut Force"
                        Are you sure that wasnt "Bruit Force" ,

with the lurvely Matrox as "Dunhill" - Now a clasic musk, but a bit dated?

RedRed
                        Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
                        X