AK73 Pro (A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK73 Pro (A)

Anyone ever had any trouble with this motherboard?

I have a red led inside that's constantly on, sometimes when I try to boot up it says invalid system disk in drive A. Now Drive A is the third boot device. I have it set as

CD-ROM
    C:
    A:

So I don't see any reason for this to not boot correctly. Has anyone had any trouble before? I've tried multiple OS's and even when an OS isn't installed this happens.

If I was to remove the CMOS battery and let the computer sit for a minute, then put it back in, would the BIOS be reset to original state?
    P3 500 @ 600
    256MB PC133 RAM
    64MB PC100 RAM
    Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
    Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
    WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
    G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
    Monster Sound MX400
    512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
    Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
    ASUS P3B-F
    Logitech X1 Speakers
    Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
    Logitech Internet Keyboard
    19.1G IBM 60GXP
    8.4G Seagate
    1.57G Fujitsu

If you're getting to drive A even though others are not there, my only guess is that your system may be booting before the hard drive is up and functional. Check your BIOS for something about Boot Delay, or Spin-Up time. Increase the value.

That kind (haven't looked at your board specifically) of LED is usually a power or RAM-present LED. Check your manual, but you probably want the light on.

Removing the battery would do it, but you might want to wait longer than a minute. There should also be a "Clear CMOS" jumper that does pretty much the same thing. I suggest you use that instead. You might want to give the computer even 15 minutes or so to kill off any remaining charge.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, I was thinking of doing this but MURC has always been a place for me to come and clear my head.
      There was a jumper and it was as easy as unplugging AC power and setting it to short for 3 seconds. Problem gone.
      P3 500 @ 600
      256MB PC133 RAM
      64MB PC100 RAM
      Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
      Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
      WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
      G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
      Monster Sound MX400
      512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
      Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
      ASUS P3B-F
      Logitech X1 Speakers
      Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
      Logitech Internet Keyboard
      19.1G IBM 60GXP
      8.4G Seagate
      1.57G Fujitsu

Comment