Socket A coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socket A coolers

Two weeks ago I wouldn't have considered the coolers found in stores here as viable options. Now I'm in the position where I can choose.

Here they go:

Titan TTC-D5TB (has an 80mm fan)
    Taisol CGK760
    OCZ Gladiator (has a copper heatsink)
    Swiftech MCX370 (has that patented heatsink pins design)

The titan is ok but my new cooler kicked it's ass over at frostys! http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=822
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I just ordered the Swiftech MCX370-0A two days ago.

The fan could stand to be changed (from the reviews I have read), but the heatsink is very nice. It did really well in all of the reviews I read. Nobody really had anything negative to say about it and it actually held its own against some all copper heatsinks.

BTW: the new version of that cooler is the Swiftech MCX370-0A. They changed a couple of minor things like setting the fan off of the sink a little to reduce the dead spot under the fan motor.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

The Titan is a low-noise cooler, that being said it's loads better then my old FOP-32.
        I really like it, it's nice and shiny and the clip is easy to work with.
        Last edited by CHHAS; 4 November 2001, 03:53.
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Working...
        X