No announcement yet.

[win xp] no support for G400 Marvel !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [win xp] no support for G400 Marvel !!!

I am having the following problem/complaint:

2 years ago I bought a Matrox G400 Marvel, which is quite an expensive card but it has nice features.

I upgraded my system to Windows XP and logged on to the Matrox Website to download the appropriate display driver and video-tools software.

I couldn't believe my eyes !

the website said: for the G400 marvel is no software planned !

It said the display driver is included in Windows XP, but this is not a driver being able to use the Dualhead/DVD-Max/Clone etc. options !

Also there is no video-player at all !

I tried using the windows 2000 display driver and it worked but not quite, as some options like selecting PAL instead of NTSC couldn't be changed.

I then tried to install the windows 2000 video-tools but the installer exited prematurely.

I really don't understand this ? with such a still modern card (for which is not even a newer equivalent model for sale by Matrox) I am forced to stay with older windows OS-es !

Regards, Maico

While we feel your grief, this is not a Matrox affiliated corporate site.

There has been some discussion of this in Desktop Video forum... do a search, for some have found at least particial solutions for this.

Welcome to the forums
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

thx for your post !

I know you are not affiliated with Matrox, I just wanted to show my story to other matrox users inhere.

Maico

Comment

It's kinda old news now
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

'for which is not even a newer equivalent model for sale by Matrox'

I think they have given up on their cheap capture cards. AFAIK, there's no G550 eTV planned, and nothing planned as well for their next product. We're all gonna have to spend more $$ to get the mid range capture cards or go buy the ati all in one cards.

Besides, what kind of a fool would expect XP mjpeg support if it isn't even there for win2k?

Ciao

Comment

GinoCyber

Well - I dont know what happened over at Pinnacle, but they changed their original tune a short while ago - for the last about 2 years they kept saying that no W2K drivers/support will be available for the DC10+ cards (Very nice entry level hardware Mjpeg cards - also based on the same Zoran chipset as used in the G400s) .

Suddenly, now they are announcing that they will not only be supplying drivers for W2K but also for XP, and on top of that, by about the end of this month (November).
            Last edited by LvR; 3 November 2001, 21:15.
            Lawrence

Comment

Ahem

Miro is an online collaboration software created as a team collaboration and online brainstorming tool. It's super easy to use & free!

Miro is an online collaboration software created as a team collaboration and online brainstorming tool. It's super easy to use & free!

Here's what they say about the DC30

http://pinnaclesys.custhelp.com/cgi-...NyZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

I'd expect to see the DC 30 series get the support becuase it's just a standalone capture card that was sold for almost $1000.

If they did announce it for the dc10 +, that just gives matrox another excuse why they should get out of the basement capture card solution.

Ciao
              Last edited by GinoCyber; 3 November 2001, 21:39.

Comment

GinoCyber

Well - it looks like somebody over there is smoking their Post Toasties again - obviously the one hand does not know what the other is doing currently.

See what Mike Impetrio (their tech support rep) has to say on the subject in the thread here:

Lawrence

Comment

I think that studio 7 series is just a software dv and analog based board. I don't think it's a hardware mjpeg board. Assuming that it is software based, the dv portion is probably based off the texas instrument codec which doesn't work in XP. Regarding their analog capture, I think it's either YUY2 or just an mpeg2 plugin.

Either way, the DC10+ doesn't look like it will have any 2k/XP support with it's hardware mjpeg.

Ciao

Comment

There you go

Could not believe it myself, but I had to dust off the old DC10+, introduce it to W2K and XP, and wouldnt you just believe it - it can speak Mjpeg in Directshow.

Seems Matrox gave up a bit too soon ?

Sure there are a few hassles, but as BETAS go, I must say I am impressed.
                    Last edited by LvR; 5 February 2002, 07:53.
                    Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                    X