Black and white TV out for G400 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and white TV out for G400 Max

Today I tried to use DVD Max of my G400 Max with my PAL TV set, but the output image is in black and white only, whatever I set NTSC or PAL in driver properties of G400. Is it the limit of G400 cards or I made anything wrong?

Nope, all the Matrox cards support color output all right If you have selected the right kind of cable in the DVDMax TV settings as well unchecked the "black-and-white image" checkbox, you should be all set.
    What kind of cable/adapter are you using to connect your G400 MAX to the TV? If you use a SCART adapter you must connect both the S-VIDEO OUT and the VIDEO OUT of the DualHead cable to the SCART adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
      Nope, all the Matrox cards support color output all right If you have selected the right kind of cable in the DVDMax TV settings as well unchecked the "black-and-white image" checkbox, you should be all set.
      What kind of cable/adapter are you using to connect your G400 MAX to the TV? If you use a SCART adapter you must connect both the S-VIDEO OUT and the VIDEO OUT of the DualHead cable to the SCART adapter.
      well, I use the D-sub to RCA and S-video connector provided by Matrox, and I use only the RCA connector to connect it to my TV set. With the black and white option unchecked, it still outputs in black and white, just like with the option checked. And i have my card overclocked, including primary and secondary RAMDAC, may it be related to the problem?

Comment

Cable Types

I had this problem when I attempted to use the G450's TV-out cable with my G400. Problem dissapeared as soon as I switched. (shrug)
        Tilable Desktop Backgrounds, perfect for DualHead: http://bg.rifetech.com/

Comment

Re: Cable Types

Originally posted by GehRehmee
          I had this problem when I attempted to use the G450's TV-out cable with my G400. Problem dissapeared as soon as I switched. (shrug)
          Well, yes my cable was originally for G450, as the vendor said. But isn't it the cables the same and the the pins for TV out in the D-sub connector are the same?
          What can I do in order to make it works properly?

Comment

I really don't know **** about electric circuits 'n stuff, but here you can see that there is a difference between the G450 and G400 DualHead cables: http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/mgaf...1000&SUBMIT=Go
            Last edited by Tempest; 5 November 2001, 05:25.

Comment

Well, there's your problem.
              G400 and G450 use different breakout cables.
              You can order the correct cable for about $10us from the Matrox on-line store.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have both g400 and g450 but only with a g450 tv out kabel.
                I use y g400 for my tv out with the g450 kabel , no color ad all , but now i have connected both svideo and composit cabel and there is color, but the quality is crap. so i just have to order a g400 kabel..

Comment

... or build it yourself, here's the schematic for it:

Comment

Working...
                  X