Windows XP, OpenGL, HLCS... WTF??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP, OpenGL, HLCS... WTF??

I've posted on this before, but no one seems to have read my post since it was someone else's thread...

Well, I upgraded to XP, and the Marvel G400TV stopped working with Half-Life in OpenGL mode. It just says that "This mode is not supported by your video card" or something like that. PeTe says he got his to work, but he hasn't replied to me on how he has done this.

Does anyone else know how to get this $300 + shipping card to work in this $300 + shipping OS? I just bought the card in February of this year, and it has given me nothing but problems since Matrox doesn't like releasing drivers for their hardware on OSes that aren't five years old... but some people have gotten it to work. How?
    <b>irc.foozone.net</b> port <b>6667 #Anime</b>

Try the matrox tech support forums, these aren't so active anymore.
    P3 500 @ 600
    256MB PC133 RAM
    64MB PC100 RAM
    Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
    Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
    WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
    G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
    Monster Sound MX400
    512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
    Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
    ASUS P3B-F
    Logitech X1 Speakers
    Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
    Logitech Internet Keyboard
    19.1G IBM 60GXP
    8.4G Seagate
    1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

Are you trying to use some MiniGL, or are you really using the OpenGL ICD?
      Did you have your desktop set to 16bpp or 32bpp? Either is fine, but probably not 24bpp.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I just have to say this...everytime M$ releases a new OS based on the NT-kernel, it's the same thing: slow buggy drivers from every chip producer. Even Nvidia's drivers are very slow for the moment in XP. My Kyro drivers are also a tad slower than in 2K but are luckily not any buggier than in before. (Not to mention ATI's drivers!!! )

All these problems to get the drivers right from the start dazzles me, it's the same kernel, there have been beta versions of the OS out for the public to download for almost a year.

So I ask just one thing: Doesn't the graphic companies have enough time to get drivers right from the start or should it take 6-12 months after the launch of the OS (in ATI's case, never) to get the same performance and stabilty that the preceeding OS had.

It's embarrasing that the only reason why I havent gotten myself an ATI card since the Radeon launch, solely depends on the shitty driver department that they've got.

Comment

My Radeon drivers are fine under XP. Don't believe the hype man.

Bart
          Bart

Comment

Hi TibrO

I am using XP and playing CS. It is great! OpenGL works good.

I had some ploblems, but as usual, reinstall latest drivers and u will be fine.
            Win XP has a great uninstaller, use it and install new drivers after reboot.

I will NOT go back to any win 2000, 98, ME. Ever... XP is the best yet. It works, simply works and works fast!

I use G400MAX + RRG, really nice!

MATROX, give us something faster... I want to go much faster!

Comment

G400TV, not MAX

Hmmm...
              I have a G400TV, which never had drivers for Windows 2000 until 6 months after I bought the card... I did not know Matrox didn't even have drivers for me yet... they still don't.

At the matrox site it says "None Planned" in the XP drivers column... but how can they do that to me?

I paid $300 for this card, and now it is all crippled and does nothing. This should be illegal, in my opinion. How can you release a piece of hardware and then not release drivers for the device to function? I didn't know Matrox was so damn ghetto, man! They took my money and ran away with it! WTF?

Comment

Using OpenGL ICD

I am using the real OpenGL ICD that gets installed, I think, with the Matrox Win2K 5.39 final drivers...

Comment

A possible fix for OpenGL problems on the G400-TV in Windows XP

It isn't perfect...but at least Return to Castle Wolfenstein runs now. It may help you with your g400-tv problems. Check out my earlier post here :-

Pugsy
                  Vist the MAME Cheats page at http://cheat.retrogames.com

Comment

Working...
                  X