G550's 3D features and their execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550's 3D features and their execution

Curious, I just finished up setting up my 2nd G550 machine for a Customer, and this machine I've had the chance to play with it for a day or two...
    first the new machine consists of an AMD XP 1600+ O/C'ed to 1.6Ghz, 512Mb DDR, on an AMD761, running Win2k...
    My system is in my sig, I run 9x

what I found was that my G400 displays the 3D features in 3DMark much crisplier, and with more accuracy, it's hard to describe...
    I have read the problems with the EMBM on the G550, and now am wondering if there aren't other features that have been sacrificed inorder to keep a certain level of performace or cost...

it could be the difference in OS, I'm not about to change the installs ATM... maybe later I'll update my machine to 2k...

I'm curious if those with G400's and G550's have notice something simular?? I have them running side by side here....

Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

While EMBM just sux, I find the G550 just slightly better in 2D than my G400Max or G450.

Are you running this as a side by side comparison, with same monitor or just how?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe,
      Yes I agree the 2D is noticably better..
      I'm refering to the 3D features and their execution.. like the EMBM is there and works, just looks like poo...
      other things also don't look so great, not as crisp...
      I can't put my finger on what exactly is off...

I have both machines running in my Computer room, and I'll run them again.. tho on different monitors... but I'm sure I can switch the cables..

Craig
      1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Working...
      X