Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Flashes

If you download the M-JPEG Codec from www.morgan-multimedia.com
    you will find that the problems are gone.

The files you already have captured is broken, but you can convert them to mpeg without any problems after you have installed the codec from Morgan.

If you convert them with Matrox RRICM.DLL in use, you will find that the picture is going in black and white after the green flashes.
    Install the codec from Morgan and use it until Matrox is releases a new version.

Best regards

Kristian
    Kristian

Hi, just a question.
    How come the Marvel has a codec that seems to work for some and not fot others, is there some sort of compatability issue?

and i guess Matrox are aware of it if its fixed in the next drivers? i assume thats what you meant by new codec?
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

I have a similar problem, it is not green flashes but more green "drop outs" (or green lines) that pop up one's a minute (sometimes more).
      It also happens when I'm watching the Matrox-TV.

I am using an G400 Marvel with Asus KM7 Athlon 500.

Anyone who has or have seen the same problem ??

Comment

ThomasdB: Yes! That's exactly what I mean! I know, my english is not the best ;-)

Samantha: Why should I buy a Graphiccard with a hardware MJPEG Encoder and the install a software encoder, that does the same, but worse???

Comment

As I know of all hardware needs software to work, if not there is nothing that tells the system (windows) that it is present.

In this case there is a bug in part of the software (the codec in use) if you change the codec with another one that is working then the problem is half solved.

If you go to Morgan Multimedia´s page you will find very good info there.
          I think they know what they are doing over there.

Anyway I say half solved since I think the Matrox Team most likely can make a better codec to they´r own card.
          The only thing that is the problem in this case,is that they can expirience problems from some of the users and for other it can work just fine.

Thats because there is not all computers that is excactly the same, everything inside can cause a bug.

If not,they could make a driver for just one machine and everything would work, and they would not release new drivers since everything was working.

The upgrade of the codec is just a sollution from me, its up to yourself to decide if you want to try or not.

Here is a copy of a mail I recived from Matrox to day:

Dear Sir,
          This is a known issue that will be corrected in a soon to be released driver.

At 01:42 PM 1/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
          >Technical Support request email. The information was submitted by
          >Kristian Rolf on Saturday, January 15, 2000 at 13:31:52

Very brief but a good message to recieve after I mail´d them about the problem.

So in a very soon future you will find new drivers from them that works fine.

Matrox Rules..

Kristian

Kristian

Comment

Green Flashes

Now I have my Mervel since a couple of days, but there is a problem:
            I tried different capture programs and everytime I have some green flashes. In the Preview and in the recorded AVI sometimes flashes a small green stripe.

Any Ideas?

Comment

My 3Com was it, I think! It seems, that my 3Com Etherlink III 590 causes the trouble with the green lines. No matter wich interrupt it uses or wheteher it is activated or not. If the 3Com ist inserted in the computer I have these green Lines.

Samantha: Very nice - you got an answer from Matrox. I did NEVER! By the way: I will not use a software codec. Why buy such a graphiccard then? But thank you anyway!

Comment

Damn! Bad news!
                I tried a little bit more (without my network adapter) and had to see green stripes again. So please go on with helpfull hints!

Comment

Found out something more:
                  1. The darker the picture is, the more often I see these stripes. I can change the display settings to highest birghtness and so on. Then there are nor green stripes (but a poor picture quality). If I change the source to S-VHS (wich is not used, and so produces a absolute black picture) I have many of the stripes.
                  2. It seems, that the codec has nothing to do with it. I changed from MJPEG to RGB, and the problem resists.

Comment

I think I have the answer folks. I too had the green flashes problem. If you shut off Duel Head Mode (Display Properties, Advanced, etc...) the trouble should go away. Not sure if this is a driver, codec, or whatever problem, but it worked for me!!

Comment

No - that didn't help. My Dual Head is deactivated.

Comment

rad1701: you was right!!! Dual Head was deactivated, but: in the window where you can select the source ist another button: "send to TV" or so. This is a kind of Dual Head, I think, and deactivating it helped me :-)
                        But I'm a bit astonished at the knowledge in this Forum - except you rad1701.

Comment

I've get green flashes and some like H-Sync problems in PC-VCR after exporting some clips from Premiere 5.1. Mostly this occurs with translations over some imported .JPG's
                          After a lot of try, I found that in Premiere, setting the "Limit data rate" to 1500-2000 k/sec helps.
                          Or, is it a different green flash problem?
                          Maybe it helps, anyway. Let us know it.
                          It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi All

This seems to work?

I have been experiencing the green flash problem when editing videos since late 1999 when I changed my mother board and processor. The current mother board has a VIA PC133 chipset and PIII 500 processor, old mother board BX440 and overclocked PII 350.

I think I may have found a solution to the problem, I have only tested this for about an hour so far and have not experienced and green flashes, so it definitely helps.

I downloaded G200CLK from the MURC site just to see what it did and whilst playing I noticed one of the default settings seemed to be odd.

Using the /3 option the default setting for my system are 84.38, 112.50, 84.38 (equivalent to /3 2 1 2).

I am now using G200CLK /3 2 2 2 (84.38, 84.38, 84.38) in my startup and this has helped if not cured the problem. So I am using G200CLK to slow my system down slightly instead of speeding up as it was intended for.

Any feedback of your experiences trying this fix or further tweeks to improve on it would be much appreciated.

Matrox Tech, if this does work can we have in the drivers soon please?

colin.avey@themutual.net

Comment

OK - Everyone who reched this can stop posting! You should search for "Green Stripes" from Speed Pete. It is a VERY large Topic and you will find any Information you need. The conclusion is, that about 7 guys had this problem, exchanged the card and the problem was gone. Haig (I think) from Matrox posted an adress, where you can exchange the card.

Comment

Working...
                              X