pc2700 and 333mhz fsb's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc2700 and 333mhz fsb's?

anybody know when 333mhz fsb mobo's for athlon processors and pc2700 ram will be arriving?
    i am going to be building another new pc and dont want to buy if pc2700 is only a month or so away
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Sis announced their 745 chipset, which will support 2700 ddram, but i guess it wont be there till 1Q 2002

Comment

There is a BIOS out for the K7S5A (SIS 735) which supports 166 MHz RAM speed with a 133 MHz FSB.
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
        Sis announced their 745 chipset, which will support 2700 ddram, but i guess it wont be there till 1Q 2002
        It hasn't been announced officially yet, but the first SiS 745 motherboard is expected in November - it will be the ECS K7S6A. You can find the first images here:

On se souvient que pour les écrans à tube, le format 19 pouces avait été réalisé pour constituer un intermédiaire entre le 17 pouces et le 20 pouces afin de permettre aux consomateurs de disposer d'écrans grand format à moindre prix.

(that site is in French but you get the picture...)
        I hope this time the renowned motherboard manufacturers such as Asus, MSI and Gigabyte will release boards with that chipset (they all announced SiS 735 motherboards and cancelled them afterwards... )

Georg

Comment

I think the first available motherboard will be the Iwill XP333, expected any day now

Details here :- http://www.iwill.com.tw/xp333/page_about.htm
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
          X