X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compaq G200 issues

Hi folks.

Did I search on this, but didn't find anything, so:

Is there any way of getting a Compaq G200 working in another non-Compaq PC?

We have a pair of these card which came of of P3-450 based Deskpros, and having no luck getting them working in different PCs. I assuming the video BIOS is handled by the Compaq motherboard?

Any info would be appreciated.

ZS

OK, I have an idea, but am not sure if it will work:

1. Try to reflash the BIOS on the G200. You will need a second VGA card (PCI, non-Matrox!). Boot the PC with both cards into DOS, the PCI card as primary video (with the monitor connected to it), and then use Matrox flash utility for DOS.

2. If this is not possible (maybe the Compaq G200 has no BIOS chip on the board itself), you could try to integrate a matrox BIOS romfile into the mainboards BIOS. There is a tool called CBROM.EXE, which is used to modify Award BIOS files. With this tool, you can add a VGA ROM to your mainboards BIOS file and then flash this modified BIOS file into your mainboards BIOS.

Use these hints at your own risk, I will not take any responsibility if it fails or destroys your VGA and/or Mainbord or causes any other damage.

GOOD LUCK!
    main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Working...
    X