Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the "Check back in May" thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the "Check back in May" thread?

Just wondering?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

It must have got fed up of waiting and gone and bought an ATi 8500

Comment

hehehe

but maybe the thread is gonna sell that card again in a few months ????

Comment

lol, I am so glad I bought Radeon back in February

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Anybody who needs to buy a new graphics card and are waiting on Matrox is a fool.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Went with KyroII while waiting for next Matrox gaming release.
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
              Anybody who needs to buy a new graphics card and are waiting on Matrox is a fool.
              Amen to that xortam. If you need support for something right now that Matrox currently can't supply, get something that does. Otherwise you're just gonna be sitting here for a while. (This has been like this for 2 years for some people.)
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Thank God I don't need a new graphics card. The thought of ATi or nVIDIA in my machine doesn't appeal to me at all
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

That's what PowerVR is for in the interem.
                  Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Still the PowerVR cards have bad 2D quality and (what's imo even worse) very slow/sluggish 2D as well.
                    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                    My System
                    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                    German ATI-forum

Comment

My G400MAX is still good enough for my use, I can wait for Matrox!

Does anybody know if Matrox is going to Comdex?

Comment

Yes, according to their website.
                        main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                          Thank God I don't need a new graphics card. The thought of ATi or nVIDIA in my machine doesn't appeal to me at all
                          Point to denty, hehe. The key word was need. Many of the people here don't need a new card, and so haven't bought one. For those of you that do, there's limited choices, unless you're after a primarily gaming-related setup or are into high-end workstation stuff (and look for $$$ hardware too). If it's gaming that's causing your need, well, sorry, ATI or nVidia seem to really be it right now. Otherwise, stick with the G400's (the PVR sounds like a step sideways- slightly quicker 3D/features combined with worse 2D, and if you're willing to accept that, you really don't need a new card.)
                          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                          Gainward Ti4600
                          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I got a MSI GF2 Pro!

in 1024x768 that I use it is slightly more fuzzy than my G400....

It's not an Ideal situation but it is my situation untill matrox delivers...
                            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                            X