Interesting Critique of Tom's CPU Heatsink Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Critique of Tom's CPU Heatsink Video

Remember the one where the Athlons fry in microseconds once the heatsink is removed?

64bits.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 64bits.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Well .... It's all been turned inside out by THG themself and (AMD's) Van's Hardware and AMD in co-operation with THG.

POINT IS : If the MB does NOT have the new type of add-on which AMD designed after/during the release of the THG video the AMD's WILL fry !

No MB's have this extra feature yet !

The Video released by (AMD's) Van's Hardware was totally out of context and was not meant for public release .... as said by AMD themself.

About the PIV ... dunno about that one !
    Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
    incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

I can't access that article.

But from what I've read elsewhere, the AMD video is using a motherboard that was available long before the THG video was recorded.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Don't think so. It's as Kosh said. Most board manuafacturers didn't care about the addon and none of them bothered to install it before Tom burned the AMD CPU.
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I'd like to see proof of this.

From what I've read, it's not the motherboards lacking the features, but the CPU. It wasn't until the Palomino core that the diode was in place. It looks like this 1deg/sec rating is crap too, from an outside source.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

there is another video available, this time by via:

they did a great job when picking the sound!

mfg
            wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Hahaha -- am no VIA or AMD fan -- but both their videos are pretty amusing.

Great music on both.

Download the AMD video at:
              http://www.amdzone.com/files/ amdburn.zip

Download the VIA video at:

Comment

Working...
              X