Project Underway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Underway!

Well, I just ordered a boatload of new stuff to build my new computer.

Lian Li PC-65 (the one with the window )
    Enermax 430 watt power supply
    KT266A motherboard (GA-7VTX-H from Gigabyte)
    512MB Crucial DDR RAM
    XP1800 Processor
    WinXP Pro
    Hercules Game Theater XP
    VisionTek Xtasy 6964 Vid Card (yep, It's a GF3 Ti500. Sorry had to do it)
    IBM 07N7174 Deskstar 60GB HD
    Plextor PX-W2410TA/SW CD/RW (24X10X40)
    Toshiba SD-M1612-S DVD
    TEAC Floppy
    I am going to put neon in it to show through the window but I haven't bought it yet.

I already bought (and am using) a ViewSonic 21 inch monitor (G-810)

I have spent more than I planned but I didn't want to skimp on anything.

I just hope I am able to put it together when everything gets here. This is the first time I have ever built a complete system from the ground up.

Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Pneumatic; 1 November 2001, 04:33.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Any reason your getting the Hercules Game Theater XP? I had one and if I knew you wanted one I would have hooked you up with the one I had. I wasn't happy with it so i got a Soundblaster Audigy OEM. I heard that the new drivers fixed the problems I had, but the Audigy was in already before I could test them. Hercules driver support sucks....check out their Forums...you even see that Gurm has a whole thread to himself .

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

hehe WEll, I went off of word of mouth on the Hercules. A friend has a very similar system and he said that it really rocks! I also like the fact that it has the extra USB jacks.

Comment

I finished ordering the fun stuff today. I got the Trace Lighting (it's like 5 feet of neon tape). It has it's own power supply and puts out a ton of light and very little heat. I also got the braided, silver, rounded cables (looks like braided hoses on a car). Should look really cool through the window in the case.

Processor showed up today so I am getting jazzed.

Comment

I'm going out tomorrow to get an MSI K7T266Pro2, Athlon XP 1600+, and some DDR to throw into my box. I can't wait
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I hope you post a pic of that bad boy once it's put together!
            My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

GT98:
              I'm the main advocate for the Herc GTXP (only using the new drivers) for Kindness. At least with the hardware he's getting. I'm using it with the latest drivers, in a setup not too much different than he's building, and it rocks. As far as support goes, I don't think Creative's any better. Driver-wise, they're about even now, unless you're building an SMP rig or plan to do serious music work, ie. studio stuff, but not because it sounds better- simply because it supports the standards needed to interface with the tools such people use, while Herc's current drivers don't, in which case I give the nod to Audigy. Otherwise for the rest of us, the Herc's simply a much better expenditure of money for performance and overall quality of sound.

Hehe. I had to control myself. I nearly started ranting on Creative's idiocy in the area of driver release policies. I'll hold on that one though, and simply say to each his own in accordance with his needs and experiences.

I think both of you are going to be extremely pleased with your new systems though. I know I am with mine, and I'm using a 1 generation older processor with a slightly lower performance chipset. Have fun!
              Last edited by Snake-Eyes; 2 November 2001, 18:01.
              "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
              Gainward Ti4600
              AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
              X