Morgan Codec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan Codec

Does anybody know whether or not the Morgan codec is used during capture for compression, or does having it set to dmb1 only affect decompression? I would like to know before I mess around the registry settings because as it is now Morgan is set to dmb2 and I just use avi.exe to reset the FourCC to force Morgan use during playback. That way I can choose what codec I want. There is another MJPG codec on my machine as well and I don't want to change the settings only to find I can't get them back if need be. Thanks for any info,
    -Driver

Has anyone noticed a difference in quality when using the Morgan Codec and PC-VCR when the color format in the registry is switched between YUY2 and Mjpg. I'm not sure whether I just had a bad capture or whether it is the rule, but it seems that the Morgan Codec works better with YUY2 output from hardware than it does with Mjpg. I suppose this may be due to that with YUY2 hardware output, the codec does the compression whereas with Mjpg hardware output, the hardware does the compression. If anyone else has seen the difference, I'd like to hear what you think.
    -Driver

Comment

Working...
    X