CD-RW problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-RW problems

i have just built a new pc with an aopen 24*10*40 speed cdrw.
    the problem is i boot up windows xp and place a disc in it to be read and it works fine but if i eject that disc then put it back in or put any other disc in xp says d drive not accesable where d is the name of my cdrw.
    this is a problem as i hace to reboot my pc every time i want to change discs.
    i have an epox 8kha+ with an athlon xp1600 running windows xp pro.
    i have installed all motherboard drivers and still the problem persists.
    any ideas?
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

I've not gone over to XP yet but can you not right click D in my computer & choose eject as opposed to manually ejecting?
    long winded I agree but worth a try!

Comment

Have you installed any writing software - eg - ECDC or Nero?

I have had HP12 drives doing the same in W2K with no writing sw instaled. Worth a try?
      Lawrence

Comment

yes i have installed nero and still the problem persists. my a:\ drive is also inaccesable.
        any further ideas?
        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

By all MB drivers do you mean the 4in1 and nothing else right ?
          You haven't installed the IDE drivers ... 'cause they are know to cause all sorts of problems on XP and on systems with CD-RW's !!

I hope you haven't installed the USB drivers either becuase they are not meant for the KT266A chipset but for some old and ancient chipsets !!

( Win XP Pro will work just fine without the 4in1's... the only thing getting installed when installing 4in1 v4.35 is the INF file becuase XP has built in 4in1's as the FIRST MS op. sys.)
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Working...
          X