• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing aerial photo of ground zero

9372x9372x16M jpeg - 14MB: http://kill-9.com/wtc-photo-big.jpg
    3124x3124x16M jpeg - 3.6MB: http://kill-9.com/wtc-photo.jpg
    1687x1687x16M jpeg - 813KB: http://kill-9.com/wtc-photo-small.jpg
    781x781x16M jpeg - 200KB: http://kill-9.com/wtc-photo-tiny.jpg

If you go for the big ones, I highly recommend a good image viewer, such as ACDSee Classic .
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

The largest one absolutely rocks... you can zoom really really really close to the surface. Although, on my pitiful config with only 64MB of RAM, it took quite some time to convert it to resolution independent raster.
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

looks awsome...

I am just waiting for the huge version to load, can somebody tell me what these things in the water in the top right corner are (north of the mini-golf court)?

mfg
      wulfman
      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
      "Lobsters?"
      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Wow, nice detail... Just opened the largest one up in Paint Shop Pro, it says the uncompressed image is 251.2 MBytes. Glad I got myself 640 MB of RAM for Windows XP
        What things do you mean Wulfman? If you mean the white dots and stripes, I think they are just some kind of dirt/hair on the camera lens..?

Comment

Wulfman:

If I'm looking at the same thing you are (regular rows of white dots in the water) I think those are old pier pilings.

Kevin

Comment

thx kevin, I think we speak about the same dots!

mfg
            wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

and still not as bad as if you were actually there :l
              System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I was there 25 days before the attack. And I have pictures from the top from when I was there when I was a wee lad (9 in 1992). I still have the tickets I bought to take the express elevators to the top. I'm just glad I got to see it in my lifetime.
                P=I^2*R
                Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

Comment

Fantastic links Andrew!

I wish I went there before this happened - I've always planned on going there, and it was probably going to be next year... too late now

Comment

Wow, the high-res one is really awesome. I can even pick out J&R Computer World (cool store, BTW). I went there to take a look a couple of weeks after 9/11. Farthest south I got was the corner of the park at the middle right of the photo. Could only see WTC7 from there, the rubble of the towers was behind it.

Comment

I was in NYC last summer. Unfortunately, we never got down to the WTC. We only had enough time to see the empire state building, central park and the surrounding area. I really wish I had taken the time to get down there, because I have a feeling that you can't grasp the sheer size of those buildings without seeing it first hand.
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                      X