XP & Powerdesk problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP & Powerdesk problems...

Well I just installed the 5.72 drivers for my G400 Max. System stability has gone down the drain. I've had XP (RTM) installed for a very long time and was getting 2 week uptimes before I would restart it myself for hell of it. These new drivers have crashed once in Return to Castle Wolfenstein and a few times on my normal dual headed desktop. The beta powerdesk drivers worked like a charm for everything--no crashes and the XP built-in drivers were fine too. Anyone else experiencing this? I know its the Matrox drivers because nothing else has changed.

The other problem is regarding the DVD add-on pack for software decoding DVD's. With DVDmax running, the DVDs will not run and the software complains of an error but provides no further explaination. However, turning on DVDmax after the DVD has started playing works fine. But I have to turn off DVDmax and turn it back on if I stop the DVD. Just now, the player complained that it had an error in the "analog copyright" verification. What id going on here? Does microsoft not want the DVD video outputted to a television? Any other ideas?
Working...
X