Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer guidance needed

Hi there,

i have encountered some probs with my printer setup. I doubt that anyone here can actually solve this problem, but maybe someone has an idea where to look. Linuxprinting.org hasn't been that helpfull. And since i have to print some letters for my boss but also have to go to the university right now (i am already late), i can't do a thorough search. Maybe you can safe me some time, it's much appreciated.

Ok, here's the beef. I am running a Red Hat 7.1(2.4.9-6 kernel)/Gnome 1.4/Star Office 5.2 combo. My printer is a Brother HL-720 laserprinter. Gnome-print is V0.25 and printconf is 0.2.1. The printer is supported in the kernel, but i get a strange error when using it. When i fire up the box and enter Star Office i can't print. The printer shows ALARM which indicates (according to the handbook) a data transfer error. After resetting the lpd via printconf the printer prints ONCE, then no more, even after resetting again. I have to restart (actually rebooting, not loging in anew) Linux to get another printout. This is, of course, anoying. Switching the printer off and on again does not help either.

Well, that's all. Need more info? Say so please. ANd thank you for your help.

Regards

StarOffice printing

StarOffice uses its own printing mechanism and drivers. To use Ghostscript, follow the procedure at the following URL:

The official EarthLink blog. Get valuable insights about internet, technology, small business, and more from our experts.

Basically, you have to set up GS to print to your printer and pipe StarOffice print jobs to it.

Hope this helps,
    Rahul
    Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
    Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

Working...
    X