Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I buy a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz in the UK ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz in the UK ??

Any suggestions guys

Thanks

Pooh
    ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

You won't find the Santa Cruz in Europe under that name. On your side of the pond it's called the VideoLogic Sonic Fury. Same card, different box & bundle. The Santa Cruz drivers are better though....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for the info Doc.

Regards

Pooh

Comment

try a computer fair mine cost £25, nice card. spdif in as well.

Comment

Thanks Peterlee

I'll check out the one in the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow on the 10th of November

Regards

Pooh

Comment

Hi Pooh,

My local store carries the Videologic Sonic Fury at £61.90, presumably plus carriage. Just in case you have any problems getting one. It certainly isn't the cheapest place around, but I use it fairly frequently when I want something in a hurry.

Legend JSM

Cheers
            Chris

Comment

Last time I checked, Dabs.com were selling the Sonic Fury OEM for £50 inc VAT & postage.

Comment

www.scan.co.uk had SonicFury on their 'today only' (Fri 2nd Nov) offer page for £39.50 + VAT + post, normally £49.00

I ordered one, worth checking as they often have the same offer over several days

This is the OEM version

Dave

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys

I managed to get one today from Watford Electronics for £50.00 including postage. This is for the full version not the OEM one.

DABS had an OEM one for £50 but it was going to take them a week to get it. I phoned Watford and the guy agreed to price match the non OEM one which is normally £72.85 against the OEM one from DABS.

I guess he maust have had a slow day and it was Friday afternoon.

Oh dear what a shame.

I now feel so guilty.

NOT

Regards

Pooh

Comment

Dr Mordid

I seem to recal that you once mentioned that there was a patch available for us RT2K owners who had a SantaCruz which solved the issue of the RT2K grabbing the audio properties when ou clicked on the speaker item in the toolbar.

I've had a nosey about the Santa Cruz website and the only file I coud find which was similar to that description was

scruz405.zip 1516452 04-11-01 Mixer Patch for VxD drivers only. Not
                    | for WDM drivers | Download this patch
                    | only if you have multiple audio mixer
                    | devices installed in your system, and
                    | receive the error "TBCTray has caused
                    | an error in TBCTray.exe" in the SC
                    | Control Panel |

Is this the one you are referring to.

I am also in the process of downloading SC_4112.zip which are the latest drivers I understand. If my Sonic fury is a rebadged Santa Cruz I take it the drivers shuld be OK. The reason for the download is your comments that the Cruz drivers were better.

Thaks

Pooh

Comment

Working...
                    X