Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G@H We are crunching but not getting any results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G@H We are crunching but not getting any results!

What the FVCK is wrong!!!!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

I'm guessing the problem is not getting credit for the work...

1. The stats-updates is for the moment erratic, and it can take some time before showing up.

2. Make sure to use last version, 0.99
    3. Make sure all clients has an unique id.dat
    4. Make sure ghclient.cfg is correct.
    5. If moving results around, make sure to move all 3 *.#####-files together. To be on the safe side, also include id.dat
    6. Don't share the same wu to different clients.
    7. If the wu has crashed or given "standard correction measure", it is probably corrupt wu. I'm not sure if you will get credit for these wu...

Comment

Looking more closely, it seems you haven't returned anything since 26. October... I've got my last returned 28.Oct. 18:31 PDT...

If you've returned anything in this time-room, these clients/wu(s) is screwed up... If you're no-netting, discard the old wu and get a new one. If you're permanently connected, I will recommend to delete the client and re-install.

Comment

Plus try to run at least one WU without the -nonet commandline option.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Originally posted by Jorden
          Plus try to run at least one WU without the -nonet commandline option.
          Not using nonet! but runing with stealth does that affect it?
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Stealth?

I run about one wu with the -nonet cmdline for about 3 days, the rest of the week I run normal g@h so it can download/upload new wu's/results

It is as far as I found the only way to run without getting many duplicates, for even then I get about 2 dupes.
            Last edited by Jorden; 30 October 2001, 12:31.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks for the tip Jord, I'll be able to pull away from you even faster now
              Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

I run all my clients -nonet and didn't get nixed nearly like it appeared I was going to. I upload about 9-15 results per client when I send them but I always get anew wu after upload, probably the only thing that saved me. I have also been using the workaround for crashed clients (changing seed.dat by one #) quite frequently. Looks like the wu's I haven't been getting credit for are wu's that I've left running for several weeks on a couple of my slower machines.

Comment

Well, you haven't started getting credit again yet...

A comment first... Stefan hasn't come with more info on the stats-fix last week, but looking on myself and the proposed, I would have lost 30 genes. With the actual fix, I lost 4. Since all doublets from the same user/id/wu/seed is discarded, the 26 is either:

1: Doublets that was removed with first method since someone else had crunched it.
                  2: Mislabeled wu that is discarded after 1. October.

I don't know if the first option was ever used, but the 2nd is probably often showing up with pre-0.98-clients, and AFAIK 0.98-beta1.

Back to Team_DGC and the problem:

I've only got some questions for now...

1: That client-version?
                  2: Any error-message or crashes with the wu's crunched?
                  3: Install-method?
                  4: That OS?
                  5: Exe-method? (service/batch-file/short-cut/command-prompt/add-on)
                  6: Overclocking?

Hopefully the problem is fixed soon...

Comment

Ok, I see you've managed to return something...

Comment

Originally posted by Rattledagger

Back to Team_DGC and the problem:

I've only got some questions for now...

1: That client-version?
                      2: Any error-message or crashes with the wu's crunched?
                      3: Install-method?
                      4: That OS?
                      5: Exe-method? (service/batch-file/short-cut/command-prompt/add-on)
                      6: Overclocking?

Hopefully the problem is fixed soon...
                      1: Latest
                      2:No
                      3:Install prog -> copy to hidden folder -> uninstall.
                      4:w2k pro, w2k AS!
                      5:Service and genomestealth and/or monitor!
                      6:NO!

Comment

I see you had a large stats-jump last night, so I'll guess the only problems is the irregular stats-updates:

Stefan, from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genomeathome/message/3635

<b><blockquote>Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I'm still tweaking the timing of various things to keep the servers happy. The stats themselves are working fine, it's just the web updates and such that are a bit irregular still. I'll get it all straightened out by the end of the week.</blockquote></b>

Comment

Working...
                        X