Powerdesk & XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdesk & XP

Hi, I have a matrox G400 card & I run XP. I run it with the display driver that came with XP. No problems there, it works fine, but alas, no powerdesk ..so no dualhead options.
    I installed matrox new driver for XP a few days ago. But I've already had to remove it, since it froze up my system a lot of times. XP rebooted then and I got an error that said "display driver failed to draw ......."
    I've been on the matrox forum and've done all things right that should have been done.
    My question : is there a way to get the dualhead options, and still use the display driver that came with XP ? Cause I really miss my clone option

Tnx

Sorry it didn't work for you. Works fine here with my G400MAX. I used the Matrox Uninstall Utility prior to installing the new drivers and have had no lockups or problems of any kind.
    =========================
    <font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
    Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
    and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
    | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

Comment

I installed without uninstalling the old powerdesk and it still worked fine. In fact, I've upgraded numerous times like this and never had a problem. What is supposed to go wrong if you don't uninstall first?
      AMD Athlon XP 1145 Mhz
      American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 4/2/2001 Bios
      512 MB SpecTek PC2100 DDR SDRAM
      Matrox Marvel G400 MAX
      80 GB Western Digital HDD
      Windows XP Pro SP1

Comment

I have the G400marvel and everything was working fine under win98se. I upgraded to winXP and found that XP loaded drivers for me. Like the above I had no power desk or pc-vcr. After spending all night reading forums i have found Matrox does not support XP and the marvel g4oo. I have had no problems with the card in XP, games like Diablo2 work great. But I wont the pc-vcr t owork becasue video capture is why I bought the card! Any ideas? or is there other software that will work?...any help would be appericated!

Comment

If you search through the "Deskto Video" forum, you will find users who have gotten it to work, and how they did it...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

XP, G400 &amp; PowerDesk

I have a G400 on an AMD T-bird 800mhz, and I just went to XP Pro on a clean install. I'm using the latest non-Beta driver 5.82, which I installed after uninstalling whatever XP did on setup. Single monitor, no dual-head action.

No hangups or freezes, but...

- hotkeys don't work
            - neither do desktop schemes
            - changing display settings resets refresh rate to lowest available

Thank God, I can still save icon positions, even though the option is gone from the PowerDesk menu (I had to dig it up under Options after much frenzy and nausea).

What happened to the features I depend on Matrox for? Is there something I'm missing?

Among other things, I write WinHelp systems and documentation. I have to make the screen captures at no more than 800x600 and 256 colors, so I have to switch resolution & color depth constantly as I write.

Help!

Comment

Working...
            X