Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDK announces new 32x/24x CD-RW recorders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDK announces new 32x/24x CD-RW recorders!

TDK Electronics announced the introduction of six new veloCD ReWriters - three 32X and three 24X models. With these burner introductions, TDK aims to be first to market with a 32X burner, which is scheduled for availability in December. The expanded line offers users the broadest choice in speed and connectivity options, with internal ATAPI, external IEEE-1394 and external USB 2.0 models in each speed family. In addition, TDK's burner introductions include the company's first slim portable CD ReWriter, a 24X model with IEEE-1394 connectivity.

TDK's fastest burners all feature 32X write, 10X rewrite and 40X data read speeds with full 40X read/rip- the highest performance in the industry. In TDK's 24X burner family, the company's internal ATAPI CD burner is now joined by three new external models, each offering 24X write, 10X rewrite and 40X read/rip speeds.

The new TDK line of veloCD burners consists of the following models:
    Model AI-321040 - Internal ATAPI, Available December
    Model FE-321040 - External FireWire, Available February '02
    Model UE-321040 - External USB 2.0, Available March '02
    Model AI-241040 - Internal ATAPI 24x, Available Now
    Model FE-241040 - External FireWire, Available November
    Model UE-241040 - External USB 2.0, Available November
    Model FP-241032 - Portable FireWire, Available December..."

full press release here

Amazing!

And yet with all that speed, none of them can copy protected discs!

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

they'll have to hurry to be the first to the market as AOpen are already putting advertisements for 32X writers in british IT magazines.
      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Coasters, coaster and even more coasters
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

What about Burn Proof

Does it have that...

Oh and be on the lookout for the new line of reusable media...

CD-R + E Technology.

A CD-RW that you can use and easily reset by holding it firmly and shaking it a few times.

(If you haven't guessed it the E stands for etch-a-sketch
          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Point in fact is that if you want to be able to copy "just about anything", you still have to buy a Plextor (or the odd Liteon that happens to be some kind of weird Plextor one-off or something, like the current 24102B).

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I don't see why Ricoh doesn't get much attention. I jus love my Ricoh drive. I'll buy another Ricoh over a Plextor any day (as long as that ricoh does good SD-2 copies).
              Primary system specs:
              Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Ricoh = NO SD2.

Always has been that way, always will.

The reason Ricoh doesn't get much attention is that, despite being a REALLY SOLID DRIVE (I've had several!), it doesn't cut practically ANY copy protections.

- Gurm

Comment

over at elaborate-bytes the ricoh drives all support the best modes for clonecd (according to that list)....

Comment

I checked on Elby's site, and lo and behold I discovered that Ricoh has improved! Wow, I'm impressed. But, still no SD2 - which means no SD3 or future protections.

- Gurm

P.S. It don't read protected discs very fast, neither.

Comment

gurm what do you mean about plextor being the only drive that can copy "just about anything"?
                      is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                      Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

borat,

Ok, here's the scoop... no, here's the REALLY short version.

Your CD drive doesn't read bits. 0's and 1's is all that's on the CD, but that's not what the drive reads. It reads FILES.

Now, most drives can be made to read bits... but not very fast.

Burners, similarly, don't like to burn bits. They like to burn FILES. Or MUSIC. Or VIDEO. But not bits. Many (MOST) burners cannot be made to write raw bits, no matter how hard you try.

Manufacturers know this. Therefore, they put lots of tricky things in their cd's, and then write code to make their programs force the readers to READ the bits (because most drives can be forced to read them), and when you copy a CD, the bits aren't written the same (various ways to do this) because your burner (MOST) can't WRITE bits.

Are you following this? I can go WAY more into depth than this, but suffice it to say that the only two PERFECT drives available as of this writing are:

Plextor IDE 24x
                        Liteon IDE 24x

- Gurm

Comment

I plan to get the liteon
                          It is $109 at mwave.com
                          I am a plextor man meself
                          But I am quite poor at the moment
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Denty try this place...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Does this mean my 2x is out of date?
                              chuck
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X