Proxy Software.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy Software.....

I am looking for a good proxy software....

And as Usual I have not gotten the Internet sharing to work.

Nevermind, as I don't like the idea of having to use dynamic ip addresses and etc etc.....

Any good suggestions?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I did get the **** internet sharing to work!!!!

But ZA kills it!

****!!!

Is there a way around this??

Or do I have to get a Proxy software anyway?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
      I did get the **** internet sharing to work!!!!

But ZA kills it!

****!!!

Is there a way around this??

Or do I have to get a Proxy software anyway?
      You need ZA pro! Give wingroxy a try! Also try searching the forum there are lots of threds about proxy software!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I don't need ZA Pro.....

I only need to lower the Paranoid level a little...

I got it to Work!!!

I will check Winproxy offcourse (A link would be nice, because sometimes it's hard to find the probrams mentionend...)

Comment

You could always try http://www.winproxy.com
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Sygate has a nice product out... I use Nat32 tho
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Squid is also excellent

For NT (not win98) you can also use the windows versions of squid. It is free and performs very well. See it at:

http://www.serassio.it/SquidNT.htm

It runs as a service, hiding in the background. It is very flexable.

However, if you intend to run this from a dialup account, you will need to enable the DNS cache on the server and tell squid to use it (otherwise it will fail to start)
              80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Winroute lite or pro from tinysoftware it acts like a router and a firewall. And does many things more.

Got a computer virus? Use our Free Virus Removal Guides for Mac & Windows, for malware, trojans, & ransomware. Get in touch for any help & support.

They also have a very good free personal firewall.
                Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Thanx for all tips!

W2K built in IS seems to enlighten Seti, so I'l stick to that on my homebox.

But when We get broadband at work, I will have to look into the proxy/firewall/software/hardware issue a bit more...

Comment

IMHO if you get it at work.

Definately go for a Hardware Routing Solution.

AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Will probably either be one of those nifty Router/firewall/gateways.

Any sugestions?

Comment

Working...
                      X