G400 OEM Singlehead TV Out under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 OEM Singlehead TV Out under Linux

I've gotten a G400 Millenium OEM with only a single output, but I can't get it to give me TV out.
    Using the latest Matrox Drivers, putting the Options "TV" "On" setting in the XFree86Config-4 file doesn't complain, but it just doesn't give a usable TV signal.
    The Matrox powerdesk software says my driver isn't supported by it, but it is a G400 after all.
    I tried MatroxSet, and I appear to have outputs 0 and 2, but not 1. (Makes sense, no second output.)
    However, when I set the output mode, 1 and 2 (PAL and NTSC) are rejected, but 128 (Monitor) works fine.
    If anyone out there has tried this and succeeded, or can tell me that it won't work, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    I tried emailing Matrox Asia-Pacific Tech support but they said they're closed, and to try my distributor. My distributor's email address bounced. Aarrgh!

Thanks, y'all.
    --
    TBBle

You need to get the dual head add on module. Otherwise you are limited to the monitor output
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
    X