XP, DVD and a G400MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP, DVD and a G400MAX

I have a G400 32MB APG card and am running XP RC2. I cannot seem to get the dvd software included to even install. Every other 3rd party software cannot play dvd's either. I have a Pioneer Tray load DVD.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that the software only works on Win9x.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

If you bought the Matrox DVD player from Matrox's online sales it's for Win9x,ME.Win2K.

If it's the box version it's only for Win9x

Why are you using RC2?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

So your saying if i bought the vidoe card, there is no longer support for new OS's as far as DVD capabilietes is concerned. I have to pay. As for why am i using RC2, its cause i dont want to dish out the 700$ for XP pro. Why do you ask?

Comment

You can get the upgrade DVD player from Matrox's Online store for a little more.

Just that XP went retail and most consider those using XP RC2 warez... it's not even the final RC code ie 2600
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I have 2600, im just too lazy to reinstall everything. I spent so much time configureing things the way i want it.

Comment

<I> its cause i dont want to dish out the 700$ for XP pro </I>

and

<I>I have 2600, im just too lazy to reinstall everything. I spent so much time configureing things the way i want it.</I>

seem pretty contradictory.

And as for
              So your saying if i bought the vidoe card, there is no longer support for new OS's as far as DVD capabilietes is concerned. I have to pay.
              Well, you bought the card when?
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

i bought it off a friend about a year ago

Comment

So you bought it second hand, and a year ago, and you want a free upgrade for tag-along software so that it works with some other brand new product?

Comment

regardless if i bought it second hand, if you had a product you paid top dollar for, you would expect at least 5 years of product support. Maybe i am expecting to much

Comment

Originally posted by jzacharko
                      regardless if i bought it second hand, if you had a product you paid top dollar for, you would expect at least 5 years of product support. Maybe i am expecting to much
                      You show me one other company that offers free DVD player upgrades for their cards, much less for five years.

Matrox did a good thing by offering an upgrade to those users with a G400 that came with a DVD player that turned out to have bugs in win2k (the card was released before Win2k was anywhere near complete). For 9.95, I wouldn't bitch.

Some people want everything given to them

Rags

Comment

Originally posted by Rags

You show me one other company that offers free DVD player upgrades for their cards, much less for five years.
                        ATI.
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

Yeah, there's a good choice.

Did ATI ever put out W2K drivers for their dual core cards?

Comment

The "Dual core cards" meaning one single model... And which company managed to get a Dual chip gfxcard really working in Win2k?
                            But then ATI has Win2k AND XP drivers out even for their old Rage/RagePro line of cards and for their old AIW multimedia cards.

ATI has enough shortcomings on the driver side that are mentioned everywhere all the time (and it's correct to do so - without some "pressure" there never is an improvement) - but then it's only fair to also give them credit for what they do right.
                            Last edited by Indiana; 27 October 2001, 18:28.
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana

ATI.
                              Wrong answer.

They only released upgrades on the current major revision of DVD players much like Matrox did if contacted through tech support.

Thanks for playing.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X