Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WinXP, how can I tell what build I have(beta or final?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP, how can I tell what build I have(beta or final?)

I have a copy here at work that is supposed to be the FINAL build. But how does one go about finding out? I opened up CP and looked under system settings and saw "Version 2002" and that was it.
    On an interesting side note, this version that I have does not seem to have activation enabled. Is that because it is probably beta? Or, can engineers and such get a hold of copies that do not require activation?

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I think you can see the build number (Final is 2600) in a Command Prompt window. Or start Windows in Safe Mode.

There is the Corporate edition of Win XP Pro that does not require activation. It is "Version 2002", and I suspect Home and "regular" Pro are as well.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Thanks Lucid

I checked "winver" and it says I have build 2600. I also did some research and it appears that there is the WinXP RTM(build 2600) and some of them are 120 eval copies. How can I tell if it is an eval copy? I set the date ahead more than 120 days but it still boot up fine.

Thanks,

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Re: Thanks Lucid

Originally posted by Helevitia
        I checked "winver" and it says I have build 2600. I also did some research and it appears that there is the WinXP RTM(build 2600) and some of them are 120 eval copies. How can I tell if it is an eval copy? I set the date ahead more than 120 days but it still boot up fine.

Thanks,

Dave
        The evaluation copys will work for 180 days and not 120!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Re: Re: Thanks Lucid

Originally posted by Guru

The evaluation copys will work for 180 days and not 120!
          Thank god we have a Guru here.

Rags

Comment

I have an evaluation copy of XP version 2526 that is a 180 trial. But the thing is i dont know when it runs out. Hehe anyone have an idea how to find out when it runs out. I will probably upgrade to the full version soon, but still it'll be nice to know.

Comment

Start/Programs/Acceessories/System Tools/System Information and under System Summary you should have the version (mine is 5.1.2600 Build 2600).

I'm using the classic Start Menu so don't ask me how you can access it from the XP styled menu.

Comment

Working...
              X