Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What in the world is going on over in the hardware forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the world is going on over in the hardware forum?

?????????

I've just witnessed in real time a strange thing. Threads deleted, nebulous references to "certain companies" then a thread gets locked!!!!

Moreover, there is a threat that further threads will be deleted by the Mod!

OK, so unless the thread was considered slanderous towards Matrox or its employees, or was violating some NDA, or otherwise illegal, there really isn't any reason to delete it, was there?

And if the above are true, It would be nice to hear: For the following reason, we cannot continue...

Anyone agree/disagree?

respectfully,
    Charles
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

I don't know if Casey is under an NDA or not.
    The point is he deleted the thread, which is his perogative, since he started the thread. I will not have MURCers badgering MURCers because one made a choice others don't happen to agree with. The second thread degraded into a flame fest, and I should have shut it down days ago for that reason. I am not going to let the torching go on.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Cool.

I'm all for extinguishing fires.

I guess I missed the flaming portion of the previous threads. Or failed to feel the heat.

Is it true, (speaking hypothetically, not in regards to this instance) that if you are under NDA, you aren't even allowed to say as much.

For instance:
      Person 1: Hello Horatio, I've heard 3dfx has a new card coming out next week. Its a real scorcher.
      Person 2: If you say so, Raul.
      Person 1: Gee Horatio, are you under an NDA becuase you have product information that isn't available to the general public?
      Person 2: I like pizza.
      System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

This may be ever so slightly off topic, but where are the "Forum Rules" ? Maybe I am a moron, but I looked for them and I couldn't find them.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

They are on the regisrtation page.
          You need to log off and go here:

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks! I knew they were around here somwhere.

edit:

Yeah I found this page with a search of the forums before I posted the question (all to gether now "GOOD MURCer!") I got this error so I thougth it must have moved. I get the same error with the link you provided.

404 Error - Page not found

/regis...p?action=signup

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Tucows)

The page or file you are looking for could not be found on this server. Either the page you are looking for no longer exists or you have followed a URL from another site trying to directly link to files on this server which is no longer permitted.

Please go to the main MURC page for news and downloads or to the forums for the MURC discussion groups.

Last edited by Pneumatic; 26 October 2001, 15:01.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Re: What in the world is going on over in the hardware forum?

[QUOTE]What in the world is going on over in the hardware forum?

Moreau, its nothing but the sound of people being a little peeved

regards MD
              Interests include:
              Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Jeez

I hope it wasn't anything I said. I appologize in advance to anyone whom I might have offended in the slightest.

Trueth be told, the overall tone of the thread didn't really belong there at all. Kruzin made the right decision. Too bad I wasn't able to read it all... oh well.

Letting bygones be by-gones, litterally.
                'nuff said.

Whyzzi
                ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Uh I know what you mean Whyzzi.

It's kinda like gett'n your "you know what" caught in your zipper when your thread gits locked.

dj
                  My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
                  128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

No, we are allowed to admit that we are under NDA. But we generally respect the BB's who do not wish that to be known. It isn't a secret society.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Oh yeah: I like pizza.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Somebody I do not know puts the screws on several people over here. I do not like what I see !

Kruzin - a message especially for you is in the Site-Feedback Forum:

MK
                        Last edited by MK; 27 October 2001, 10:20.
                        <font size="1">
                        Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                        ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                        Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                        2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                        256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                        Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                        ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                        Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                        Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                        Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                        HP Deskjet 959C
                        Plantronics LS1 Headset
                        all on W2k Professional SP2
                        </font>

Comment

Nobody "put the screws" on me. I never heard a peep from anyone here at MURC, or from Matrox reguarding any of this.
                          The thread originator removed the thread(s) himself, and that's all there is too it. I did not delete the thread, and niether did Ant, so your statement is plainly untrue. Why Casey did is his own buisiness, and nobody elses.

I was simply sick of the whining and badgering going on in the second thread. There was nothing productive happening, and I feel perfeclty warrented in shutting that thread down.

Comment

Kruzin - I never said, that someone puts the screws on you or on Ant. But Casey said, someone didn`t like what he was writing.

MK

P.S.: In general, I don`t like whining around, too !
                            <font size="1">
                            Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                            ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                            Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                            2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                            256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                            Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                            ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                            Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                            Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                            Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                            HP Deskjet 959C
                            Plantronics LS1 Headset
                            all on W2k Professional SP2
                            </font>

Comment

Oh my. You people are too paranoid for my likes.

I deleted my own posts/threads at my discretion.

The company I was referring to was the very same one that was the target of my postings. I didn't want to bring any problems to Ant or anyone else affiliated with this site. That would not be a fair action on my part. I was in touch with Ant and I had learned they were trying to get my identity revealed. I am under no NDA, but I wish to allow this site to keep running without a certain company's goons interfering with the very tired administrator.

I expect you all to understand my position, even if you don't agree, please try to at least understand. You can choose not to take my explanations and you can also choose to not put any worth on what I have written, it is up to you. I posted and reposted the information for the other visitors of this forum to read for their own stimulated thinking. If you really wish to make a difference, then I suggest you start getting together as a user base and try to take it straight to the company.

Cheers

Casey

Comment

Working...
                              X