Creative XP driver fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative XP driver fest

They have new XP drivers for the Audigy, Live! 5.1, Live! / Value (CT483x, CT478x) and PCI 512 Sound Blaster series.

get them here
    Last edited by Admiral; 26 October 2001, 11:53.

I wonder why they haven't sent the email notification yet..

How can I tell which Live! (CT????) I have ?
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

It should say it on the card somewhere... Just look around for CT**** somewhere on the top of the card.
      AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
      AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
      Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
      Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Well, I was hoping for a solution which doesn't involve opening the computer case and taking the card out..

Anyways, the drivers for CT483x/478x installed ok, but there is no Creative Launcher and most of the AudioHQ apps do not start.

There is note on the page that says:
        The Sound Blaster Live! update requires the installation of Live!Ware 3.0. If you do not have Live!Ware 3.0 installed, purchase of the Sound Blaster Live! Software Application CD may be required. If you are uncertain of the currently installed version of Live!, you may download and install the Windows XP update for Sound Blaster Live!, but you will be prompted should purchase of the Sound Blaster Live! Software Application CD be required.
        I did not have Live!Ware installed, and I did not get any prompts. Can I install the one on the CD that came with card, or the Win2k version?

Comment

Hey Lucid.. you could always get one of those fibre optic rectal cameras they user for colonoscopies (Yes I know its spelt wrong.. I am too tired to look it up)

That way you could just feed it into the side of the case and wiggle it around until you find what you want...

I dont' think your case will like being violated though...
          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Has anyone installed these with the original SB Live? (CT46XX series)

Comment

New SB Live drivers are available for XP through Windows Update, if anyones interested. Radeon drivers too for us ATI guys.

Bart
              Bart

Comment

I've tried this driver for my Live! in Win2K, but as most of the other 35xx build drivers, this one also has problems with the rear speaker output with wavemapper.. sometimes it just stops outputting to the rear speakers, and as soon as I start a directsound stream, it starts working again

Comment

I tried installing the original Crap!Ware, followed by the XP update. It all seemed to go well, but at least the Creative Launcher didn't work properly.

I restored WinXP from an image file before the next experiment.

I installed Crap!Ware for W2k, again followed by the XP update. That resulted in a Blue Screen and some corrupted files. The Launcher was all f*cked up.

So, apparently the XP update should be used on top of Crap!Ware for WinXP, something that may not even exist at the moment.

Oh well...

Comment

I avoid the crapware alltogether; problem solved.

Bart
                    Bart

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
                      I avoid the crapware alltogether; problem solved.

Bart
                      now I begin to understand why cbman referred to colonoscopies in his post!

Comment

Working...
                      X