No announcement yet.

New display drivers for G200MMS/G400/G450/G550 running Win98, ME or NT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger they always do it when I'm not looking.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Didn't know they're just waiting for that occasion ?

Besides, how come nobody's yelling and screaming "new drivers !", "was about time !" or even "them suck !" ?

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...
        Well I'll be damned!

When did you put that in your sig?
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

After duffers like me that kept putting an ie at the end. Doh.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Back to topic... How are the new drivers anyway? I haven't tried them yet.

Jord.
            Originally posted by Maggi
            how come nobody's yelling and screaming "new drivers !", "was about time !" or even "them suck !" ?
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I guess these latest drivers are just bug-killing. I´m playing Baldur´s Gate anyway, it´s a 2D game, I can´t tell the difference.

Comment

They seemed to work fine, until I tried playing Diablo2 LOD

http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29495

Who needs new drivers anyway? (I do!! )
                System:
                Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
                AMD Thunderbird 800
                SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
                Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
                LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
                IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
                Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
                WinME
                directx 8.0a
                384mb pc133

Comment

They work fine although dumb windows xp insists that your video card isn't compatible and then uses the drivers without a prob.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Digging the thread back up. Errrm Houston, I've got a problem.

Okay, so today I installed the new drivers. First thing that happened when I told them to use 32bit Z-Buffer, was that my Windows went to reboot but never did. So I rebooted by reboot-button and got into scandisk, which won't go further than 1 block visible for 5 minutes, then it reverts to no blocks visible (in the progress bar). After doing this for an hour, as I was doing something else anyway, I told it to cancel scandisk and return to Windows.

So it's still the first reboot after initing 32bit Z-Buffer. I end up in Windows, wait for my hdd's to calm down from loading all cache etc. I started up genome client. I see the G@H window open and start filtering, and without further checking I shut down my monitor and continue doing the other thing (vacuum cleaning if you want to believe me). After 30 minutes I return and see that G@H is still in it's 10th fillter and stuck there.

Sigh, so I do another reboot, get scandisk again which starts doing 5 minutes over the 1st block, cancel that and go into Windows.

Wait... start G@H, runs perfectly normal. Pfew... Must be me, or a strange thing on my hdd, I think.

I was going to play a game, so I start up Red Alert2... Starts up fine, works great just as yesterday evening, continue the game I used yesterday evening and after 30 minutes I get a hard crash. I won't go into the reboot-scandisk-story again, you know it by now.

I tested out 4 other games, Max Payne, Need for Speed: Porsche, Need for Speed High Stakes and Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, and all of them crash after 15 to 30 minutes of playing them.

Now, the only thing I changed inbetween last night and today were my Matrox drivers. Going from 6.71 to 6.72 in WinME ... I did the proper uninstall, and proper reinstall and all the reboots. Did something change in the 32bit Z-buffer? It's difficult to believe.

But okay, that's my story. I'll go back to 6.71beta for a more stable gaming experience.

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

did you try the games without 32-bit z-buffer enabled?

Comment

Could've expected a question like that: Yes I did

At least Max Payne and RA2 I tried without 32bit z-buffer. They would run fine.

As good as they did (and now again do) with 32bit z-buffer ON in the 6.71beta drivers...

For those unfamiliar with my present PC, here's the specs:
                        P3-750 (no OC)
                        Asus P2B-F mobo
                        512Mb SDRAM
                        G400-Max (latest bios)
                        3 HDD's with enough room to get another MotorCityOnline Beta on
                        No IRQ conflicts
                        50x CD-ROM (Asus)
                        DVD-ROM (Acer)
                        LS-120
                        Oh and dualboot WinME (most used)/ Win2k (whasda?)

Jord.
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Originally posted by Jorden

512Mb SDRAM
                          Hmm well, if I were you I should try increasing memory. 64MB isn't really that much and for a quite heavy game like Max Payne it probably is just too little.

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's my "War Against 'b' instead of 'B' "...
                          Last edited by Randy Simons; 1 November 2001, 18:22.

Comment

You sure you feel alright lately, Randy?

Last I checked MB was a board game maker, against Mb probably meaning Megabyte. I do agree with you when people say that they only have 7Kbps downloads and think it's slow, where they should say it's 7KBps (Kilobits per second against Kilobytes per second for the uninitiated)

Jord.
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                            X