Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP error

looks like this:
    STOP: 0x000000C5 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 80537213)

I get it no matter what programs I run, but it shows up mostly when I defragment the drive or scan it for viruses.
    As for frequency, it can go days with no error or it can show 3 or 4 in one day.
    After a crash like that I get messages at startup that "Windows has recovered form a serious error" for a few reboots and after that it's fine... till the next BSOD when the cicle starts all over

out of interest are you using norton?

Comment

NAV 2002 and NU2002

Comment

Clean install, right? If so, try using msconfig and doing a selective startup with all the background programs turned off. Next try drivers...

Comment

Clean install on NTFS as Standard PC (dual boot with 98).

What exactly should I uncheck from the selective Startup, the System Services and Startup items ?

About drivers, just as I installed the new SBLive! 5.1 drivers and rebooted I got a blue screen with the same error.
          Now, I can't say it's the SB's fault since I had the same error when I had a Vortex 2 in (and XP was installed on a FAT32 partition).

Comment

From support.microsoft.com.....

Partial List of Possible Error Codes with Driver Verifier:

Bug Check 0xC5 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_POOL, defined as 0xC5, indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
            From Windows2000 info....not exactly your error, but similar, just to give an idea of the kinds of things that cause the error.
            *** Fatal System Error: 0x000000c5 (0x00000000,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x804676C8)
            DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
            This issue occurs if you have Logitech MouseWare versions earlier than 9.29.2 installed.
            Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

I have a Genius USB mouse, with drivers installed by XP.

Can anyone "translate" me the first error type ?

(thanks spoogenet)

Comment

Working...
              X