Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One peice of evidence points toward future Matrox Gaming card

Displacement mapping.

Matrox has being preaching about displacement mapping for years.
    This year's melt down 2001, Matrox was the presentor for displacement mapping. This is certainly a game feature and believed to be one of the best ways to do Higher Ordered Surfaces (HOS).

I'm sure Matrox's next gen will have this feature. Bitboy's next gen may also have this feature since it was talked about at Assy2001.

Don't give up boys and girls, as long as Matrox an't broke, and they are still talking about displacement maps, we've got good hope for a high-end gaming card in the near future.

-Aidan Pryde

I fear it's not us giving up on Matorx but Matrox giving up on itself from what's happening over there.

Comment

I fear it's not us giving up on Matorx but Matrox giving up on itself from what's happening over there.
      That doesn't sound good...

Comment

Ant,
        Is this something you know or something you feel?

Dont knock me down on this one chaps but at the moment I am finding the video market slightly boring. Its a bit like England not being in the World Cup. All those countless vid card reviews of the same old bah blah ATI and blah blah blah nVidia clones is frying my brain. If Matrox aint gonna release something soon then I hope Nappe knows what he is taking about and the BB's do. We need some real diversity in the market.

regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Well lets theorise that Matrox have something really good but will struggle to get it into a marketable form (<i>a la</i> G800) for the reasons detailed by Casey, just theorising of course.

Comment

Oh no, Marketing man strikes again! They cant screw up twice in a row can they?

Regards MD
            Interests include:
            Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

3dfx could and look where they are now -> points at 100 engineers at NVIDIA HQ.

Comment

Well, that would actually be a good thing. With Matrox's engineers, nVidia would finally be able to produce THE graphics card that would satisfy all people.
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Just that NVidia already seems to have grabbed all the important Matrox designers....

If you look at what M released after this employee-grabbing affair the hit for Matrox must have been HUGE.
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

Bitboys... BAHHAHAAAA

WHERE CAN I ORDER MY GLAZE 3d!

Comment

Well even if they can come up with a card who's speed is on par with the rest (or better), and even if it has displacement mapping (which I recon might be a nice feature), for what audience is this card intended for? Like Ant said, M seems to translate "high end" to "games".

I sure hope M realizes that I and many others are not really interested in a gamers-card, but a true high end card.

Comment

Interesting thread... what happens once digital displays become mainstream? Matrox won't have an edge in 2d anymore. Meanwhile, nVidia and ATI are flexing their R&D in pushing the boundaries of consumer video cards.

Comment

GLAZE 3d..?
                          It's -> Avalanche 3D now.

Comment

They are still developing? Good lord where did they get the funding to develope for 6 years with no profit?

Comment

Originally posted by Demi9OD
                              They are still developing? Good lord where did they get the funding to develope for 6 years with no profit?
                              Matrox?
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                              X