just got myself a cheap 1GHz P3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got myself a cheap 1GHz P3!

1000E FC-PGA cDO stepping runs 1240 MHz no worries with just a small bump in default Vcore!
    runs a little hot on full load so I'll have to get a better hsf than the one I'm using!

Kewl!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

That's what I have too. It will run nicely at 1.2GHz with a decent heatsink at ~34 to 38 degC

I've gotten it up to 1.3GHz with a Peltier but my ASUS mobo dosen't have the nice PCI divider adjustment that ABIT has

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Ayoub, how much did you pay for it ?
        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Ayoub, how much did you pay for it ?
          just over £100 & it's OEM.
          will certainly keep my P3b-F humming for a little while yet!

Comment

are those procs all 100 or 133 fsb, i bought one of those too (133 fsb) i expect it on friday but i'm just curious to see which versions those are....

Comment

fredo5, the 1000E is 100fsb & the 1000EB is 133fsb!
              I've got the 1000E.

Comment

I have a Celeron 1Ghz at 1250 (Boots and works at 1333 but its not 100 percent stable) it will run 1250 at default voltage and it will boot most of the way into windows at 1333 at default voltage.

Not to bad for a CPU I ended up with after trading some old stuff I didn't use.

"What? You really want to trade for all this older SCSI Stuff and two older motherboards and a K6-2 300.... hmmm... how about you get me this and we will call it an even trade..." LOL
                AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

ok, cool... thanks anyways, but after pondering it for like 20 minutes after i posted i realized i knew that already and consequently felt really STUPID!!!!

thanks anyways, i'll prolly post later this weekend what i get on the 1000eb

fredo

Comment

Working...
                  X