Firewire Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewire Transfer

Hi, I am not a PC expert but curently want to transfer my RT2000 avi video to another PC by capturing to cheap MPEG1 capture card on another PC through firewire 1394 available on both card. My question is .. is it possible? as i read somewhere they need to established drivers to others for the comunication to take place. Thanks for any help.

Let me get this right...

You want to "play" the DV file from the RT2000 out via the Firewire port to the other PC and "capture" this output and encode in real time to MPEG1 using this PC and a hardware MPEG1 encoder?

If this is the case then I have no idea if it can be done, but I have to ask why do you want to do this. Why not soft encode to MPEG1 on the RT2000 PC using TMPEG etc? Would save lots of hassle I'm sure...

Rob.

Comment

Thanks for replying, the idea to this is just save to time while capturing in "real time" on other pc. TMPGEnc encode on RT2000 machine will make me wait more hours while my projects queing. Cheap 1394 capture card like snazzi will do realtime capture. I not yet trying this but if anybody experienced this, please reply.

Comment

Working...
      X